Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering on how many People are running the " SP and BL Billet Timing Tensioners " on there Supras and what HP level "should" these be considered to have??

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
People say these can hold over 1000rwhp and that they break from stress and hard shifting, auto or manual.

With 900rwhp, I'd just put one on because well, I just dont walk to deal with having my car off the road because of something like that.

Expensive? yes. but what else can you do!

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Have the SP version on my black car and just purchased another one in SP's group buy for my red car. It's BPU, but just in case I decide to go big.... Billet tensioners from either source should be on all APU cars, IMO.

Ken.

·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys!!!

·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Update: I decided to get one for my car. I ordered the SP one in there Group Buy about 10 minutes ago. I figure with the HP that I have and the Rev limiter set to 9000. It would be a Safe bet to get one of these.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I would highly recommend either one - they are both great units and accomplish the same goal: to keep you from having a possibly expensive situation (for you high-lift/duration cam guys that may have interference should something break).

I've got both the BoostLogic Timing Belt Tensioner and the Crank Pulley on my car, and they've performed flawlessly. Just for facts, I'm 71mm single, 950's, and TH400, and do drag race my car on occasion, and put the tensioner and crank pulley under some stress that the factory units may not hold up to (have cracks in my old pulley, and my timing tensioner didn't look too good either).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts