Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does a stock tt with an sp budget single kit need to be tuned or is it just plug and play?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
It depends on what boost levels you are. I would strongly recommend to use at very least a narrowband AFR gauge hooked up to the OEM sensor if you are on budget. If you have 300 bucks or so to spend than go with a wideband to be safe. Usually the factory ECU is doing pig rich and so you should be safe until a certain point but in the medium or long run you are better off with at least a SAFC or MAP ECU or other fuel piggy backs.
Monitor your AFRs and head for around 11.4/11.5 AFR at WOT..

Hope that helps.
Gerd

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
I am with Gerd on this one, you need a Wideband. After you figure out how rich/lean you are in certain places it is time to adjust the fuel. I reccomend a MapEcu to utilize the power with no maf (converts to speed density).

I have been running the mapecu and the Innovate Motorsports LC1 with XD1 guage for about 6 months. It is pretty easy to setup and use. If you ever need any help PM me. I am about to get out of the piggybacks, and get an AEM.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot guys. I was asking for friend who just bought a tt with the sp kit on it. I am Na-T myself and know that A/F's or a must but I was not sure if the sp kit was plug and play.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
pleasure, bro.
I am also utilizing a MAP ECU and would give that a close look if I were your friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts