Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larry spent some time on the dyno today doing some tuning now that we have a few break in miles on the 3.2 so we did a few pulls on base boost (22psi) spring. It only crept up to about 24-25psi on 2 pulls.
Very conservative timing on C16. Cam timing needs to be played with, there should be a good amount of power there.

25psi
739rwhp
forgot the torque # (larry will have to chime in)

Not bad first time on the dyno with this setup.

Setup
SP 3.2L stroker
Custom Crane cams
Headwork
47-80
SP race header
SP intake

Here are just a couple pics of the engine bay with a BADASS SP 6" cold air intake pipe!

Chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
damn nice numbers. I'm curious to see what they are once you get the timing all dialed in. Hows that bad boy drive on the street? Also what kind of filter you got at the end of that huge 6" intake pipe?

James

·
Inline for the win
4,776 Posts
BADASS Chris!

Now paint the shroud, put a cam cover on it and turn it up!

DP

·
Boost Junkie
12,733 Posts
Nice numbers! If 25psi is base boost, what will be high boost? Also, please post the graph I would love to see the spool of that stroker motor.

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Nice numbers! If 25psi is base boost, what will be high boost? Also, please post the graph I would love to see the spool of that stroker motor.

Steve

Once I tune it I will post all the spool info. As of right now, there is no timing at all in the motor. The intake cam is retarded, the exhaust is advanced.... both 3 degrees. This of course makes huge cams idle like stock as it decreases overlap, increases lobe seperation, gained a few inches of vacuum. Of course this is not good for power or spool.

When I degree the cams and add timing , I expect 800 RWHP at the same boost level.

I just want Chris to get a few more miles on it!!

·
Boost Junkie
12,733 Posts
Cool. Sounds like it is going to be a great set up. I am anxious to see the area under the curve as I am sure many others are as well.

Steve K.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Congrats Chris... badass!!

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
talent said:
I think the torque was 521.
I think you're right Vinny :)

Thanks again guys. We'll get a few more miles on the car, and get it strapped down again for big power. It was so sweet to see the HP line just keep going UP, UP, UP...... and we only made it to 8k rpms.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
All can say is Awesome! Thank you for representing us Single SC guys with class. I hope one day my silly little T4 car will ever be up to your level.(if only I was closer to Chicago).

Great numbers as Lary said for what little he did. Congrats Chris.

Im holding of building my motor now until I can get an SP Stroker. I mean you cant be the only one.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
looking good as always :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
That turbo looks HUGE in that engine bay.. Awesome results..

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
T51R SPL BB said:
Is this considered to be a low or a high # ? on 25 PSI with this turbo ?

I thought power should be more with this Turbo and that amount of boost.

Thanks
Read Larry's post. :run:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts