Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's a long name for a turbo, but I'm not gonna argue with Larry :D

Today I purchased a few goodies from the boys at SP, after spending half the day there shootin the sh*& with those guys, we finally made the decision on what turbo setup is best for my goals. After talking with Larry about their new full GT turbos they are coming out with, I decided to go that route. The turbo is labeled SP SS GT800W. If you have any questions about the specs or are interested just give Laryy a call. I'm sure he'll chime in on this thread

The turbo is capable of 800 at the crank hence the (800) in the name. It also features the anti surge housing. This thing is supposed to spool extremely quick, how quick, we'll have to wait an see. The other car with it should be on the dyno soon. I can't say enough about the guys at SP, great products, great service, and great guys. Always on the bleeding edge of the supra community!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
interesting...sounds like these new full gt turbos are going to kick ass. good luck with your project. is this going into the SC?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hey, sounds like something I might be interested in :). I could use a little more spool and give up a little power.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Awesome info there :) Can you take some pictures of the setup when you get it? THanks

Chris

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is in deed going into the SC :) LYTLDiablo

Sil!!! Remember me man? You, me, TZL, and your girl went to dinner when I was out in Cali! How are you? I see the T66 has been traded in for something a bit larger. Glad to see you're doing well.

I'm pretty excited to see what this turbo puts down on the dyno. They have a car that will be on the rollers soon enough.

Chris

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
You know ill be there to help with anything along the way bud.

We can do some viper killin next year :D

B

·
0 Posts
When is Larry going to let us know all the info on this new GT turbos that he is coming out with

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
sounds good, i would guess about 65-66mm turbo?

have fun!

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
I know what it is!
I know what it is!
I know what it is!
I know what it is!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I wanted Larry to call it the "SP800GT/HO/PIMP3", but somebody already has that. :p

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Actually, I feel a bit honored that Larry added the "W" to the name. I called it the "whistler". :cool:

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
damn it...make one fit my T88H Greddy Header ;)

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
If the GT cartridges are what I think they are then you are talking about ball bearing assemblies now being used in SP turbo applications. Im guessing this is then coupled with a properly sized exhaust housing and of course the "anti-surge" compressor housing and you got yourself a mean turbo. So assuming this line shares abbreviations with other available lines you are going to start to see even greater improvements in the spool characteristics from the past free floating bearing assemblies traditionally used in SP Turbos.

Am I on the right track here?

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
MADMKIV said:
And what are the differences with the GT cartridges Larry?

These cartridges are newly designed to offer less frictional losses, greater reliabilty all packaged in a smaller SERVICABLE cartridge. BB versions of these turbos will be available at the first of the year....... supposedly.

I will have some full dual BB turbos available in smaller turbos soon. 700 HP and below. Expect the SP Budget kit to offer one soon as well as our SP58 and 59 . Talk about incredible spool.......

Larry
SP

B

·
0 Posts
Expect the SP Budget kit to offer one soon as well as our SP58 and 59 . Talk about incredible spool.......
I can't wait to see or hear about the small ones.... all I want is for to spool super fast and put a ton of torque fast. Im keeping the factory fuel system and auto tranny... so huge top hp is not the main issue....

Let us know as soon as you can about all this stuff...

And how much do you estimate the price diff is going to be.?
Hope not too much...

1 - 20 of 237 Posts