Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
You guys installed my SP63 turbo over a year ago and I have a few problems I am trying to sort out. I can't bring it to the shop because I am out at school in Colorado.
#1) I have had this oil leak on the return line for a while now and want to know if you have seen this problem before? How should I go about fixing it?

#2) I found an exhaust leak at the turbin flange and it turned out to be the gasket(As you can see it is broken in the picture), Some one at your shop sent me a new gasket they said was for an SP63 turbo, but it is not a divided gasket like the old one. Will this one work? Also Should i be worried that the old gasket has fallen apart like this?

#3) How in the HELL do you guys get to this last bolt on the turbine to exhaust manifold?? I have tried universal socket joints, flex jionts, etc. Do I have to take apart the turbo?

Thanks in advance for any input, you guys have never let me down....please help....I want my power adder back working again =) !

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have my turbo getting fixed at Turbocharging Engineering in Golden,CO.

1) The guys said that that gasket you sent me will not work, but they have a divided gasket that they will use.
2) THey are going to install new bolts and drill out the broken ones, as well as clean the mating surfaces of the exhaust manifold and turbine housing.
3) They are going to take apart and inspect the center housing and check tolerances and fix the oil leak.
SO... Looks like I have everything taken care of with the exception of the turbine gasket you sent me which I can't use. I would like a refund but it has cost me more in shipping than the part is worth so I guess I will just eat it! MMMM

I know SF was down right after I made this post so I am not upset that you didn't get to reply before I took it to get fixed locally. Thanks anyways
PETER :)

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I cannot see from the pics where it is leaking from. Is it from the oil return or out of the cartridge itself??

Do not bother with a divided gasket as the turbine housing is not divided and the gasket will come apart in short time.

How did those maps I sent you work??

Take care Pete.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts