Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why would you rather get the turbo polished than everything coated? The Coating helps out your temps alot more than the polishing will help out, being none at all.

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with the SP kit, though the SP69 is a new one on me;) . Everything fit really well on mine and bolted straight up. Everything is really clean, and the power is INCREDIBLE. I have a 63 with a .81 ar that reaches full boost around 4500rpm. I think with more tuning it can be brought down more as far as spool up time, but the nitrous has eliminated that all together.

The service and support that Larry has given is also UNBELIEVABLE. Whenever I got stuck when I was installing the kit, he gave me advice, or someone else at Sound Performance. I had NEVER done anything close to working on a car, not even changing the oil. I have since installed a fuel system and the turbo kit, and well, the car runs awesome. Last time we dynoed, it put down 671 rwhp and 678 torque. I can honestly say that 700 will be going down soon, and then I will be ordering the new turbo from Larry that I have been talking to him about as well as a couple of other new tricks.

I can not say how well a PHR kit is but I have no problem recommending the SP kit as the best kit I have ever seen. EVERYTHING was top notch. Good luck with your decision. If you have any questions, it is ALOT easier to call Larry and get ahold of him.

stephen

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
793 Posts
Thanks Brad, I didnt think the lag was a whole lot different in the 57 and 60. Just the 60 gives a little more power. I just want to make a good 500-550rwhp and tq. Im afraid you have to boost to much with the 57 to do that.

Element, The kit is all to shiney for me lol. Does SP offer different coatings? I mean Id rather have the coating than the polishing.

Brad didnt you get yours without all that stuff or no?

Casey

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well THANKS LAR for replying. I live in Oklahoma but I would be willing to go north to spend money. It doesnt matter if you live in Oklahoma right? I mean you'll help me out just as much as a guy living in Illinois right? Hehehehheh...... just joking! Anyways I did feel the SP KIT was more complete and since they too use all SS fuel lines and return lines and fuel system is now $2300 (sorry about the $2500 quoted) I feel that SP is the way to go! Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Larry,

Why are some parts of your kits polished and some parts coated? Suppose you want to have everything polished is that an option? If so how extra cost? Or is there a reason you should not do this?

Flavio

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
The parts that get hot, exhaust flows through them, get coated. The compressor housing on the other hand, is aluminum and no exhaust flows through it, therefore it gets polished.

Get it?

Lar
SP

C

·
0 Posts
I've got an SP60 and I LOVE it. Drives like a dream with very, very little lag. Power is amazing. I definatly need to do some more tuning. Fuel is very rich, VPC hardly touched, and CAM gear set to 0. I wanted to get Lance at Toyomoto to do it (that's where I had it installed), however, he is very, very difficult to get in touch with and even more difficult to get to tune your car.

I've been wanting to post numbers, but still havn't gotten it on a dyno. I've got a Wideband O2 waiting for me back home and hopefully I'll have a chance to get on the dyno and post some numbers! I'll keep ya'll updated.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
793 Posts
Thanks carcnoid, How much boost are you making at 3500rpm? You like the .70 A/R pretty good? How does it compare to stock twins in ettc mode?

Casey

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sound Performance said:
The parts that get hot, exhaust flows through them, get coated. The compressor housing on the other hand, is aluminum and no exhaust flows through it, therefore it gets polished.

Get it?

Lar
SP
So why is the air intake pipe coated in the pic below?

Flavio

21 - 29 of 29 Posts