Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT WAS MUCH MORE,THIS IS ONE BAD ASS TURBO,EVERYTHING
MATCHED UP PERFECT,AND IS MORE POWER THAN I EXPECTED
(OR REALLY WANTED)BUT I WILL MANAGE,AS SOON AS I CAN GET A STREET TIRE THAT WILL HOOK IT ON THE STREET,THIS TURBO
REMINDS ME OF THE GN DAYS,

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS KIT !!

RANDY:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have a '98 auto w/3800 pi stall and all the goodies,and no
fuel probs at 1.8 bar , just traction.
as far as spool it spools faster than the stockers,i am so glad i
chonked the stock turbos,they are sad compaired to this kit,
if i bought another tt i would do this first instead of last

randy

W

·
0 Posts
RANDYCHUNN said:
IT WAS MUCH MORE,THIS IS ONE BAD ASS TURBO,EVERYTHING
MATCHED UP PERFECT,AND IS MORE POWER THAN I EXPECTED
(OR REALLY WANTED)BUT I WILL MANAGE,AS SOON AS I CAN GET A STREET TIRE THAT WILL HOOK IT ON THE STREET,THIS TURBO
REMINDS ME OF THE GN DAYS,

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS KIT !!

RANDY:D
Please post the dyno sheet when you get it.

Wayne

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
DONT scare me with titles of threads like this!!!!

Im glad you like it! Spools insanely fast huh? Told you so:D

Much more fun than the stock twins right? I think Brad dynoed at 535 rwhp with his 57 but that was on a 6 spd. THE PERFECT turbo for stock fuel!!

Lar
SP

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats why i posted the tread like that ,it will get exposeure

hehe
and YES it spools fast,but youd need at least a 2800 stall
to consume the lag :p

randy

i almost forgot not only did it fit and proform great
it also looks great

B

·
0 Posts
Seriously folks, this turbo feels better at 2000rpms then the stock twins in SEQUENTIAL!!!!! I drove a sequential BPU car the other day and was expecting some kind of crazy low end power.......WRONG. My car feels MUCH stronger even at very low RPMS. I hit 506rwhp and 480rwtq on 93 octane at 1.4 bar. That was with a PERFECT a/f curve. Hell, it wasnt perfect, it was in the ~11.8/1 range so it was a little rich:) I cant wait to get back on the dyno with race gas and more boost:eek: THIS IS THE MOST BAD ASS KIT FOR OUR CARS, PERIOD!

L

·
0 Posts
those of you with sp57's what other mods are you using, specifically electronics?

i have a friend who is planning on going single, and is considering this turbo, cause he could keep the stock fuel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SP57 is awesome!!!

:D :D :D :D :D I can definately vouch for Randy's 98. It is awesome. Complete, smooth, and totally throw you back in the seat pull. I could not believe how fast it spooled. When I got back in my car and lauched, I just started crying, I felt that I was back in my NA, in comparison.:(

I am definately sold on the SP57. When I decide to upgrade, that will be the turbo setup of my choice!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry and I don't wanna sound lieka newbie here, but who makes this turbo kit...Greddy? Thx guys..:rolleyes:

EDIT: Darn it isn't Greddy (just looked at the site)...darn now I'm clueless!!! :mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Thx...

Yea thx...go figure it would be SP Engineering...honestly...it was what I was going to say next.

EDIT: BTW, is this turbo new or something? I dont ever recall it being discussed her b4.

V

·
0 Posts
SP Engineering and Sounds Performance are not the same. SP Engineering is located in So. Cali and Sound Performance is in Illinois.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey Larry & other SP-57 owners,is a FMIC a must with this kit. Also would Greddy Side mount (GSMIC) works with this kit. The reason i'm asking is,i don't wanna part from my Front Active Spoiler :( . Also would a GSMIC fit in the stock location.
Regards. Yasir

·
3,148 Posts
You can run this with the stock intercooler, but you will not make quite as much power as these guys.

Later, Steve

·
Banned
336 Posts
Not to misjudge what you wrote, but 535 on stock fuel is so asking for a blown engine IMHO.

Although the injectors flow enough for 550ish, thats not saying its at a safe level. Plus, if you have a higher millage car, one of your injectors, or several, might not be flowing well enough to make that kind of power everytime and be safe.

Also, stock pump blows, and efficiency is way down at that power level. Just my opinion, but i'd do fuel on any single car, or at the VERY least, take out the stock injectors and have them balanced/blueprinted by rc engineering.

Sound Performance said:
DONT scare me with titles of threads like this!!!!

Im glad you like it! Spools insanely fast huh? Told you so:D

Much more fun than the stock twins right? I think Brad dynoed at 535 rwhp with his 57 but that was on a 6 spd. THE PERFECT turbo for stock fuel!!

Lar
SP

1 - 20 of 43 Posts