Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a new guy to this community. I have white 95 Supra (true)TT. I've go the basic BPU+++ (Greddy FMIC,EVCIII,VPC,UR pulley, elec. fan and no DP due to smog soon :) ). Currently, I am making boost in the 2000's and full boost at the late 3000's. Is this normal? The guys at PHR told me I could be making full boost by 2500-3000rpm. He told me I had vacuum routing problem or something. Or is my car not properly tuned. The guys at Bozz Performance (Fremont,CA), I don't know how they tuned my car without a dyno.
If I CAN get faster response with my TTC that will be great. But my other alternative is going "small" single. And this the big question that I have to ask all you experts out there: What turbo (kit) will I get the fastest spool up and full boost. I want to keep my stock fuel system and still make ~475rwhp. From what I've researched SP57 AR .58, T04S04 AR .58, and PHR Stage 1 Single are the "fastest" spooling turbos. I this true.
I will appreciate any info (i.e. dyno sheet, from your experience, etc). I'm planning on doing this soon. I also what to know a GOOD tuning shop around the bay area if there are any.

Thanks,
Kaz

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
SP-57 or TS04 should either do the trick for you but I'd probably give the nod to the SP-57. 475 rwhp shouldn't be a problem, but I haven't heard of anyone who actually has that turbo yet. ;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have 2 questions. I know that the rpm that which these "small" turbos spool up and reach full boost is important but also the time which it takes to get there is important also.

Can someone tell me how fast(rpm/time) it takes for these SP57 and TS04 to spool up and reach full boost?

In order to achieve 475~500rwhp, how much boost do I have to push with a safe EGT reading on pump gas and stock fuel system?

Thanx,
kaz

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 questions, can it get to 500 rwhp and when are they going to be available :)

pete

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Pete:
<STRONG>Well I can only tell you about my T-60 spool but it is pretty quick, I have positive boost at 2K rpms and after 3K rpms everything starts flying :) The tach goes from 3K to 4K in an instant, very nice turbo for an auto :) I ran 1.7bar to get 473rwhp but the Profec won't go any higher :(</STRONG>
I once did the math to calculate how much horserpower those stock injectors are capable of.. sorry don't have the data in front of me. Anyway, I came up with something on the order of 510hp (to the flywheel)... in my opinion pushing over 450rwhp is trouble. I've got my TS04 (.70ar) setup to hit about 19psi, makes 441rwhp at that boost.

mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Sound Performance:
<STRONG>We ran a SP57 on Gary's car last year.... On stock fuel we went 11.00 at 125. Great little turbo!!

Lar
SP</STRONG>
I can attest to this, Lar took me for a ride and all I can say is WOW!!!! That little turbo kicks ass.
:eek:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Fargas:
<STRONG>I once did the math to calculate how much horserpower those stock injectors are capable of.. sorry don't have the data in front of me. Anyway, I came up with something on the order of 510hp (to the flywheel)... in my opinion pushing over 450rwhp is trouble. I've got my TS04 (.70ar) setup to hit about 19psi, makes 441rwhp at that boost.

mike</STRONG>
I have to agree, I bought a fuel system for that very reason. I want 500rwhp on pump gas and there is no way for me to do that on my setup, just too risky

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I can only tell you about my T-60 spool but it is pretty quick, I have positive boost at 2K rpms and after 3K rpms everything starts flying :) The tach goes from 3K to 4K in an instant, very nice turbo for an auto :) I ran 1.7bar to get 473rwhp but the Profec won't go any higher :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts