Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering on a jza80, SP57, 6x550cc, greddy FCD. Would you get a lean burn on 1.2 bar or not? I thought it was pretty safe but I have a car here at my shop that is smoking like hell from the oil filler cap, so I think it burnt a piston ring or maybe a crack in a piston.

·
2jz powered
1,652 Posts
^^ thats what i though. 57 should be a good size for stock fuel system.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that's what I thought as well. But the car is smoking like hell from the oil filler cap so it seems compression is gone on one or more of the cylinders.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Possibility of a spike maybe? Maybe bad gas and some warm days caused it to detonate. If I recall correctly, doesn't the FCD cause the car the see the wrong load in turn causing the timing to advance? I was under the impression that you should use the BCC instead for this very reason. I could be wrong though. By the way, I have a SP61 on stock fuel at 1.2 bar with no problems.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The engine died. Here are the compression numbers:
8 bar, 7.5 bar, 12 bar, 6 bar, 1 bar, 8 bar

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
If you did this procedure correctly, then it clearly states you hoofed your engine.

Sorry bout the luck.

DP

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have plenty of spare engines in my shop, the guy already talked with me and we're gonna make a JE piston setup most likely for him.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oeps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts