Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of 60 ft and 1/8 mile times and speeds are you guys seeing, as well as the 1/4 mile times and speeds???
Jeff

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Last year we got 1.48 60' times with this turbo. We also ran 11.0 at 125 in an Automatic car.

Last week Pete Waterman ran a 11.5 at 126.7? in a 6 spd car.

Both on stock fuel.

Lar
SP

W

·
0 Posts
463Supra - Right now, only two cars have run the 1/4 with an SP57, though a third car has one and may be running soon.

Gary'[email protected]'s car (SP02) last year ran an [email protected] having problems with the lockup convertor on an automatic tranny, on slicks. As Larry mentioned, the 60' times for this car on slicks where in the high 1.4x/low 1.5x range, due to Ivan's balls-out driving (I believe he said with the high stall, he was launching off the line at 20+PSI).

My car is a little harder to compare, as I have a 6spd with a fully upgraded suspension (road-racing style), which is extremely hard to launch. I went from 1.6x 60' times on the stock turbos to 2.0x 60' times when I upgraded the suspension.

I've run the car only one night at the track, and the following two passes were the best of them:

[email protected], 2.144 60', 97.04MPH 1/8th, (18PSI on *pump gas*)
[email protected], 1.944 60', 98.96MPH 1/8th, (24PSI on 100 octane)

Note that these passes were *severely* traction limited, with horrible 60' times (which are not due to turbo lag, but too much turbo response). Also note that I believe in an automatic car, 128+MPH would be possible at 24PSI, as I'm losing at least 2MPH in the required shift into 5th gear. (see my detailed post in the main forum, under "SP57 First Impressions", near the end of the thread, for all the details you could want)

I'll have more numbers next weekend, hopefully.

Timeslips can be seen at:

http://pete.waterman.net/single

-Pete

(edit - added link to timeslips)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses .. i am looking for the 1/8 times as well as speeds. our track here is only 1/8 and I am just curious. I do not run on DR or slicks and I also have a 6 spd. Right now I have 265-40-17 (stock rims) using the Toyo T1-S tires. I dont plan to use DR on my car. I will go to the track once in a while and I am really liking the sound of this turbo. Do you also use an EGT gauge? If so what temps are you seeing?
Jeff

W

·
0 Posts
M Miller - I have the .58A/R. Read this thread for all the details. Note that I do not have an EGT gauge.

463Supra - Oh, sorry, I forgot to include the 1/8th times. However, if you check that page I linked to in my last post, I have links to three of the timeslips up, so you can check them there. I spun a lot, so they varied a lot, too. ;)

As to tires... LOL. You will have a *BIG* problem with tires if you try to run pokey tires on an upgraded turbo. I run 325/30ZR18 Michelin Pilot MXX3's on the rear right now, and don't hook up until *3rd gear* at 18PSI. Even a 2nd gear roll just lights 'em up. :mad: This is on the street - at the track, it's even worse, because street tires don't like all the rubber on the track. So far as I've seen, the best solution for traction on a single is daily driving 315/35ZR17 Nitto 555R (drag radials) or maybe G-Force TA/KD's (hi-po tires). You need a lot of meat underneath a car to hook up with 600hp, especially in the low gears...

-Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts