Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'd like to get a few answers on the budget kit.

1. How much power is the SP61GT Budget kit is capapble of.

2. I have an automatic and would like to keep stock-like drivability. Which stall should I go with with this turbo. I know I dont want a 4000stall, but would a 3200rpm stall be enough to launch it from the dig?

3. I would like to get in to the 10's with upgraded fuel(or meth) and tranny, would this be possible aswell with the 3200rpm tranny and with this turbo?

Thanks,

Krister :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would say that a 3200 is to low. I would do a 3500-4000 stall. Call Sound Performance they are experts at the auto trans.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Krister said:
Hey

I'd like to get a few answers on the budget kit.

1. How much power is the SP61GT Budget kit is capapble of.

2. I have an automatic and would like to keep stock-like drivability. Which stall should I go with with this turbo. I know I dont want a 4000stall, but would a 3200rpm stall be enough to launch it from the dig?

3. I would like to get in to the 10's with upgraded fuel(or meth) and tranny, would this be possible aswell with the 3200rpm tranny and with this turbo?

Thanks,

Krister :)

look in signature....I have a feeling that a fresh clutch and a greddy 3row will make my car run even more respectable. Nonetheless, I was very happy with the results, considering my car has 120,000 miles on her.

Good job lucy the money pit :)

billy

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
If drapstrip is your goal, I'm sure you could hit 10s with slicks and high boost. I don't see why not:p

I just don't understand why everyone likes to drag with their supras so much. It seems like quarter mile is the only thing out there. I think back to back turns is so much more fun:D

billy

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahah, the quartermile was just an indication how fast I want her to be :)

I love to roadrace too :) Thats why I want a smallish turbo but still be able to do the 10s pass to show off ;)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
blackbird said:
I would say that a 3200 is to low. I would do a 3500-4000 stall. Call Sound Performance they are experts at the auto trans.
Blackbird: Wow excellent ET for only 21 psi on the GT61 ([email protected] mph)!! Autos with big stalls rule the drag strip. :D

Krister, if you drive your car on the street a lot, you would quickly learn to hate a 4000 stall. A 3200 rpm stall is getting near the tolerance limit for most people that want refined street cars.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
Blackbird: Wow excellent ET for only 21 psi on the GT61 ([email protected] mph)!! Autos with big stalls rule the drag strip. :D
I was thinking the same thing. Wonder what you could do with higher boost:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts