Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had this turbo on my car for about a week now and i love it. i have been running about 18psi on 93 pump gas and everything seems to be great. EGT's look good and i closely monitor i'm air fuel ratios via LM-1 wideband.

i really wanna crank this turbo up past 25psi and see what it can do. do you think `104 octane will be fine or do i need to go higher?

also what is the most boost that this turbo can handle.. Larry said this thing can take around 30psi.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I run 16psi but when I tried to go to 18psi, I would get a little knock at 5200 rpm. I put down 375 to 390rwhp at 16 psi. I never used any race fuel, but it would be interesting to see what you can put down. I talked to Larry, and with a few mods and my setup, I should probably go for 22 to 25 psi.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I run a 50/50 mix of C16 and 93 octane with good results at 24psi. This mix, gives me about 105 octane. Above 25psi I would definantly use C16, its about the best racing fuel out there for our cars. And I would also make sure you run a higher percentage of C16 to 93 when you start turning the boost past 25psi.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I got my last 5 gallons from Extreme Motorsports here in Odenton, MD.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
I run a 50/50 mix of C16 and 93 octane with good results at 24psi. This mix, gives me about 105 octane. Above 25psi I would definantly use C16, its about the best racing fuel out there for our cars. And I would also make sure you run a higher percentage of C16 to 93 when you start turning the boost past 25psi.
agreed, i wouldnt push more than bout 17psi on pump gas. i prefer 14-16 range, but im a little more conservative.
why mix c16 and 93 for 105? i dunno what prices are around you but it would be cheaper here just to use straight 110 from the pump at 3.25/gal.

dave

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I wish I could even come close to finding 110 at the pump around here for $3.75.... The other reason I like to run C16 and 93 is just because C16 is a very proven fuel. I can't even began to tell you how many people that have told me C16 is the best fuel out there for running high boost. I have heard that it not only has a very high octane(117), but it also has a cooling effect on the intake charge, further reducing detonation.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
dbsupra said:
agreed, i wouldnt push more than bout 17psi on pump gas. i prefer 14-16 range, but im a little more conservative.
why mix c16 and 93 for 105? i dunno what prices are around you but it would be cheaper here just to use straight 110 from the pump at 3.25/gal.

dave

eh, the only 110 we have up here is sunoco 110, and its leaded. We can get 108 Av gas, but its leaded as well.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
can anyone post their dyno sheet for the sp61gt @ different levels, specifically the a/f side of things. mine just came in today cant wait to get it on the car!!!!!! :)

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Good luck, Joe.

I'll be there with you shortly one way or the other.

110 leaded at the BP by my house is 3.99 if anyone cares.

I am thinking the only thing leaded will hurt is the wideband 02 sensor.

Dan

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
90Legend said:
Good luck, Joe.

I'll be there with you shortly one way or the other.

110 leaded at the BP by my house is 3.99 if anyone cares.

I am thinking the only thing leaded will hurt is the wideband 02 sensor.

Dan
And your CATS if you have them

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
^^

We have 3 cats, Whiskers, Pepper, and Angel.

None of them seem to have a preference regarding the gas.

On a serious note, what exactly does leaded gas do to the CAT that resides on most cars?

Dan

No cats on the Supra by the way

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
90Legend said:
^^

We have 3 cats, Whiskers, Pepper, and Angel.

None of them seem to have a preference regarding the gas.

On a serious note, what exactly does leaded gas do to the CAT that resides on most cars?

Dan

No cats on the Supra by the way
Not sure on the cats, but I know that leaded gas kills 02 sensors in due time....

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
I have heard that leaded is not good for WB sensors, was not aware it hurt the stock ones as well.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts