Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dyno. Went to test out my new SP63 with the .58 exhaust housing. I'd have to say I'm very pleased with the results.

The car made 513 RWHP and 480 ft/lbs. of torque. Now here's the fun part....that was on stock fuel, stock MAF, no VPC, no front mount intercooler and only about 23 lbs. of boost. Not too shabby.

I had the the dyno chart emailed to me, but since I don't know a damn thing about computers, I don't know how to post it. If someone can tell me how to post it, I'll put it up here.

I told you guys this was a cool little turbo! I'm gonna try to get to the track tomorrow to see what it does. I'll keep you posted.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice number, especially with stock fuel system, maf, and no fmic!! Congratulation!

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Really nice #'s on all stock compnents..

that will defintly yield a 11.5 at the track..

seeing since my stock setup like yours with a tso4 gave me 11.49...

Cant wait to se ethe dyno charts...

CONGRATS//

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HELL YEA! I'm gonna be getting that exact setup soon. What are you doing with the BOV with no VPC? Also when did you hit full boost? Race gas/pump gas?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad,
It's kind of a drag hving the BOV and no VPC. When you get on it hard and get into the boost, then let off, the car kind of falls on it's face for a second. Not a huge deal, but it can be annoying. It's a nonissue for drag racing, though. However, I'm getting a VPC this week. I just wanted to see what could be done without it.
I ran the car on 100 octane unleaded. With the exhaust housing on this turbo, I get full boost in 3rd gear well before 4000 RPMS. It spools really really fast. I love it. I think it's more streetable than my TS04 with the .70 housing.
If someone would tell me how to post a .jpg file on here, I'd put the dyno chart in this post.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark, what is the deal..
Your dyno sheet says you had a VPC, upgraded fuel system, and FMIC.

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Those are surprisingly close to my figures on an SP-60 (.58 A/R). I put down 506 rwhp/460 rwtq at about 24 psi. :)

Congratulations! :D

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: Steve Theodore ]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve,
Thanks. I would imagine the numbers would be a little better if I had a VPC and a front mount intercooler. In addition, the auto tranny robs a little more power than the 6-speed. So overall, I'm pretty pleased.
Hopefully, sometime soon, I'll be able to do the fuel system and move up to a bigger exhaust housing.

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Mark,

Of course you're right. I didn't realize you had an automatic or were stock MAF equipped. Naturally, you'll do far better once you go to a VPC. I didn't realize you could get the SP-63 with a .58 A/R...cool! :)

Steve

Originally posted by Mark E:
Steve,
Thanks. I would imagine the numbers would be a little better if I had a VPC and a front mount intercooler. In addition, the auto tranny robs a little more power than the 6-speed. So overall, I'm pretty pleased.
Hopefully, sometime soon, I'll be able to do the fuel system and move up to a bigger exhaust housing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering how much did the kit cost and where did you buy it from...Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
blkmkivtt,

I bought my kit and my turbos from Sound Performance. I believe the kit was around $3800 when I purchased it. I originally had a TS04, but I have since switched to the SP63. There may be a slightly higher charge for getting a big shaft turbo like the SP63 with the kit, I just don't recall. Call Larry Prebis at (630) 893-5002. He can help you with whatever you need. I can tell you right now, this turbo is awesome! It has more power than a TS04, more power than the T-60 and outspools them both (with the .58 housing).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pete,

I have a Precision Industries torque converter with a 3800 stall. I love it. It's still very streetable. It took about a day of driving it around to really get used to it, but once you do, you'll wonder how you got by without one.

The response is faster, you get into your boost quicker and the downshifts require less effort. It's a must have for a good sized single turbo.

I got mine through a buddy of mine here in town, but you can get TC's from Sound Performance, Powerhouse Racing, or direct from some of the manufacturers. I think you're better off going through a performance shop because they can give you a better deal than ordering direct.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Mark E:
<STRONG>blkmkivtt,

I bought my kit and my turbos from Sound Performance. I believe the kit was around $3800 when I purchased it. I originally had a TS04, but I have since switched to the SP63. There may be a slightly higher charge for getting a big shaft turbo like the SP63 with the kit, I just don't recall. Call Larry Prebis at (630) 893-5002. He can help you with whatever you need. I can tell you right now, this turbo is awesome! It has more power than a TS04, more power than the T-60 and outspools them both (with the .58 housing).</STRONG>
are you running with a new Torque converter? what is the stall? Do you like it? where did you get it??

thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did u run the tso4 with the same stall set up as u did on the sp63....i wish i had a mkiv but im dealing with a heavy modded mkii and dont know what to do

1 - 15 of 15 Posts