Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dyno tuning my car.

But before i go to far, I really want to thanks Larry and everyone at Sound-Performance.Com

The SP63 .81A/R & The SP Intake Manifold worked out pretty well...

After tuning the car on lower boost i decided to turn it up to 23psi since i was tuning with 93 octane pump gas..

The result 612rwhp 588ft/lbs tq.

I was extremly happy with this #

I cant wait to get some race gas and turn it up to 27psi.

-AL
SP63
Connecticut

C

·
0 Posts
damn I want single turbo :)

ken

Originally posted by Al98t:

But before i go to far, I really want to thanks Larry and everyone at Sound-Performance.Com

After tuning the car on lower boost i decided to turn it up to 23psi since i was tuning with 93 octane pump gas..

-AL
SP63
Connecticut
[ March 21, 2001: Message edited by: CORVETTEC5KILLER ]

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thats pretty amazing, I don't think I have ever heard of that much power at that low a boost pressure from any Turbo. Why would anyone go with a bigger Turbo?

·
Registered
174 Posts

-AL
SP63
Connecticut
That's awesome! I was only able to hiy 590 at 29 psi on an auto. :confused: What was the torque? Is this an auto or six speed?.

·
0 Posts
Why would anyone go with a bigger Turbo?
Well, in general, the bigger the turbo, the more power you can make on lower boost. There are a lot of other factors, of course. I made 650 rwhp at 21.5 psi on the HKS twins.

It looks like the SP63 is a great mid-level turbo though. For the non-psychos... :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
THats what i am trying to do.. ITs FORSALE if anyone wants it!!
I'll vouch for that! Mine caused wicked boost spikes. Switched to HKS EVC-EZ and all is well.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Al, do you still have the TS04, isn't it a .70 A/R?

B

·
0 Posts
I feel sorry for the poor sucker who races you thinking that car is stock...looks 100% stock. Nice numbers too, what part of CT are you in?.

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by WOTM.com:
Get rid of that AVC-R and put a manual on the car. I have never seen an AVC-R work correctly with a single turbo car. And I've seen more than a few fail.
THats what i am trying to do.. ITs FORSALE if anyone wants it!!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Originally posted by KING:
646rwhp at 1.5 bar (22psi) on my T78. Dyno sheet has been posted here many times and is also availabe at www.suprastore.com

Tozer

Whoah!!! You made 646 rwhp at 22 psi, WOW. So at 30 psi that would make 700++ RWHP!! Plus you have NOS!!! Thats a 800 RWHP car!! Thats gotta be good for 9s!! Hell our 580 RWHP SP63 , driven by Mark Cooper ran 10.20. Lets see what you ran...... Only a 10.92 at 130 WTF??? Oh my, with all that power?? Lets hear it..... I missed a gear, too much power for slicks, too hot out, not tuned, I only ran it at 6 psi of boost, it bogged, Did I forget any AZ excuses??

If I were you Mark, I'd say your car only made 490 RWHP to save some face. That would be more realistic for a 130 trap speed. You were the guys who said my car only made 750-800 rwhp on the 9.54 pass at 145 mph. Your car, if the dyno sheet is correct, on the bottle should then trap the same mph, right??

Lets look at this more carefully. Your car made 646 rwhp, but only 559 ft lbs of torque. Al's SP63 made 612 rwhp, 588 ft lbs tq. Coopers car made 620 ft lbs tq. At 4000 rpm your car made 200 rwhp, SP63 made 250. At 4500 rpm yours made 350 rwhp, ours made 450. At 5000 rpm yours made 520 rwhp, ours made 560. The SP63 turbo at 23 psi made 612 rwhp so at 28 psi it should make 650+ rwhp.

Im not saying its the worlds greatest turbo, but for the street, it is one of the best. It has enormous area under the curve, which gets you down the track the fastest.

Maybe you should try an automatic tranny Mark??? :)

Lar
SP

1 - 20 of 40 Posts