Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dyno charts of an sp66 yet? I've seen charts of the sp63 and track times, and they are just incredible. I have a T61 .70 right now which is great, but I'm in the middle of building up my motor and thought maybe I should get a bigger turbo as well? I just can't decide which to get. It's gotta be pretty streetable. I was thinking either an sp63 .81 or else an sp66 .?? Please let me know what you recommend. If anyone wants to trade/buy my T61 please let me know, in case I decide to change turbos. I've only had it 1/2 year and I've only run high boost a few times, since I live in MI and the weather has sucked until recently.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I say get the SP66 for more top end. People have gotten great times from the T66 and it doesn't spool all that slow, not much lag I hear. Since the SP turbos spool faster I bet the SP66 would be a great turbo for the street. Sorry about what happened to your motor =(.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a t66 BB .70 A/R 6-speed. It's a great setup. To give you an idea of spool characteristics, in 4th gear on the road it makes 1-2psi at 2000rpm, 5-7psi at 3000rpm, and full boost(have my evc set at ~22psi) at 4000rpm. Personally, I don't think I'd go any bigger with a nearly daily-driven street car. Spool will suffer, and unless you drive on slicks, you're going to have a hard time hooking up.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by KING:
<STRONG>I promised myself I would be nice to people and I am trying....the good Lord knows for heavens sake I am!!! Get the 66 if you have a manual gear-box, no question! While you are at it.......see if they can modify your brain as well.....

[ April 12, 2001: Message edited by: KING ]</STRONG>
Ha! The new Tozer kills.. me. Forget the SP66 and step up to a T76BB like me... :)

Kidding all....SP66 would be a kickass turbo.

Jay

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just installed an Sp-66 on my auto trans Supra yesterday. I have been running the SP-63 prior to this and it is a tough act to follow (see sig). Altough I did make a few runs on it at the track last night, the results are inconclusive due to badly fouled plugs. I am using a .81 A/R, but I also have a .70 that I plan to test as well. After I get the a chance to run it again with new plugs I will post results.

So far, it went 10.67 @ 129.55 set at 1.8 bar. But again, my plugs were in pretty bad shape and I'm sure the turbo is capable of much better than this.

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Originally posted by supratt96:
<STRONG>I just installed an Sp-66 on my auto trans Supra yesterday. I have been running the SP-63 prior to this and it is a tough act to follow (see sig). Altough I did make a few runs on it at the track last night, the results are inconclusive due to badly fouled plugs. I am using a .81 A/R, but I also have a .70 that I plan to test as well. After I get the a chance to run it again with new plugs I will post results.

So far, it went 10.67 @ 129.55 set at 1.8 bar. But again, my plugs were in pretty bad shape and I'm sure the turbo is capable of much better than this.</STRONG>
Let me know how this goes cause i have the SP63 on my '98 6spd..
I laid down the 612rwhp, even though i havent been able to hit the track i am already thinking about either the SP66 or even the SP70.. :p

-al
SP66 forsale possible!!! ;)

[ April 15, 2001: Message edited by: Al98t ]

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
How much boost and what kind of gas were you using? Do you have a dyno sheet that we could see? What exhaust housing do you have (.70, .81, etc.)? Thanks.

Originally posted by Al98t:
<STRONG>Let me know how this goes cause i have the SP63 on my '98 6spd..
I laid down the 612rwhp, even though i havent been able to hit the track i am already thinking about either the SP66 or even the SP70.. :p

-al
SP66 forsale possible!!! ;)

</STRONG>

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Theodore:
<STRONG>How much boost and what kind of gas were you using? Do you have a dyno sheet that we could see? What exhaust housing do you have (.70, .81, etc.)? Thanks.
</STRONG>
23psi on pump gas with a .81AR
my foot slipped off the throttle on that run you will see it.. also there is a run on lower boost too..
http://24.13.224.21/supra/dyno/

-al

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<STRONG>I just installed an Sp-66 on my auto trans Supra yesterday. I have been running the SP-63 prior to this and it is a tough act to follow (see sig). Altough I did make a few runs on it at the track last night, the results are inconclusive due to badly fouled plugs. I am using a .81 A/R, but I also have a .70 that I plan to test as well. After I get the a chance to run it again with new plugs I will post results.

So far, it went 10.67 @ 129.55 set at 1.8 bar. But again, my plugs were in pretty bad shape and I'm sure the turbo is capable of much better than this.</STRONG>
Hello Mark,

I had a great time at the track with you guys. Everyone was great. Your car with the roll bar is awesome, I just wish you had been able to make it earlier so I could take some decent pictures. Everyone of the Toyota guys (I'm not just saying Supra because Dave was there with his awesome MR2) know that your car will turn better numbers. I do have a few pics if someone wants to post them here, otherwise I'm sending them to Aaron so his beautiful lady can post them if she choses to on the NEMKV site (which is down at the moment).

I plan to go with the SP63 this summer, I'm planning to do the SP tranny too but I've had some unexpected issues come up with my Dawg, I did a compression check yesterday and #5 registered only 90psi) :(.

No matter, the SP63 is a done deal even if I have to rebuild the engine myself.

Once again, you guys and gals were great. Everyone made me feel like they've known me all along. Ben and Aaron even made me bring my poor Supra over and park it with all the other Supra's there. Thanks for the stock turbos too, although it looks like I'll end up selling them because of #5 :(

I apologize to the person that started the thread for basically starting another topic.

[ April 15, 2001: Message edited by: Melvin ]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Al98t:
<STRONG>Hey Melvin when are we gonna get together?

-AL
Only SP63 Supra in CT!</STRONG>
Hey Al,

The next couple of weekends I'm free so you call it. I need to do my timing belt soon too but I still would drive up your way to meet you and admire your car.

Btw, I heard from some kids in this area that you were selling your car? I hope this isn't true :(.

Anyway, it's gotta be soon because it looks like I'm going to have to get some side work. Do you know any companies that might need a licensed electrician/MCSE and some Unix on a part time basis?

I'm off to walk my real dogs and will probably go out back to play with my car after that. You can mail me offline if you like.

Melvin

·
NortheastCoatings.Net
254 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Theodore:
<STRONG>Al,

Thanks for all the information! That is a great looking graph...are you sure you were on pump gas? ;)

AWESOME! :D</STRONG>

Yes it was a full tank of it.. (pump gas 93octane from mobile)
Give me a week i plan on hitting the dyno after i get my 2nd fuel pressure guage installed...

MELIVN.. EMAIL me privatly, and no i am not selling my supra.. But my friend scott is selling his 94TT

[email protected]
-al

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I checked our your site , cool u did all your work by yourself damn I wish I can do that :)

Originally posted by mkivsupra:
<STRONG>I've got a t66 BB .70 A/R 6-speed. It's a great setup. To give you an idea of spool characteristics, in 4th gear on the road it makes 1-2psi at 2000rpm, 5-7psi at 3000rpm, and full boost(have my evc set at ~22psi) at 4000rpm. Personally, I don't think I'd go any bigger with a nearly daily-driven street car. Spool will suffer, and unless you drive on slicks, you're going to have a hard time hooking up.</STRONG>

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the compliment. Yep, I've done all the work myself. I have a few rolls of film that go through each process, fuel, turbo, electronics, intercooler, stereo,etc. Once I get them all scanned in, I'll put together a decent website that will hopefully help people out that want to undertake such a project. Take care,

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,066 Posts

What kind of tires were you running? Thanks

95TT6SPD

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by TT_6SPD_95:
<STRONG>What kind of tires were you running? Thanks

95TT6SPD</STRONG>
I was running BFG drag radials, 275x40x17. The following weekend I ran a 10.27 at 130.90 mph on the same tires with a 1.496 60'. These tires are awesome.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,066 Posts
<STRONG>I was running BFG drag radials, 275x40x17. The following weekend I ran a 10.27 at 130.90 mph on the same tires with a 1.496 60'. These tires are awesome.</STRONG>

What tire pressure were you running and what was the temp out that day when you ran the 10.27? Thanks

95TT6SPD

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by TT_6SPD_95:
<STRONG>
What tire pressure were you running and what was the temp out that day when you ran the 10.27? Thanks

95TT6SPD</STRONG>
Temp was in the low 70s and tire pressure was 15 psi.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,066 Posts

Just curious...What was the 60' time with the SP66?

95TT6SPD

1 - 20 of 55 Posts