Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got a chance to tune and dyno my car. Set-up is, HKS front mount, greddy pulleys, modified RMM DP, HKS SD exhaust, Apexi S-AFC, VPC, and SP 63, .70 A/R. HKS fuel rail, 720cc injectors. Completely stock motor. At 10lbs it put down 379 hp. At 20 lbs, best run was 519 corrected. This was on 93 octane pump gas. Air-Fuel was at 11.0. Uncorrected I believe was 537. At 23lbs. it put down 563 corrected. Uncorrected I believe was 581. The 23 lb. pull was on 103 race gas. We didn't do any more pulls because we couldn't gert any more boost since I have a 10lb spring currently on the car. Profec B was set at max. We should be dynoing again sometime in the next couple of weeks hopefully at 27-28 lbs. Going for 600. If anyone wants to see the dyno sheets e-mail me, or if anyone can host them let me know.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Glad you finally got the turbo on. Hope you like it. Your dyno #s seem a bit low. At 23 lbs of boost we have seen as much as 612 rwhp but this was with a .81 exhaust housing. Tighten up that wastegate spring and turn it up!! Let me know if I can help.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lar,
When we were at the dyno we couldn't boost more than 23. Lance said that the spring needs to be replaced with a 15 lb one since I have the 10 lb. Could it just be tightened or replaced with the 15 lb spring? Numbers weren't great but remember I went with the .70 and we left at 11.0. Rather be rich than sorry. Lance didn't want to lean it out more and frankly niether did I. Can't afford a new engine right now. Overall, I'm very happy with the turbo and set-up. Can't complain about 519 RWHP at 20 lbs. on pump gas. Cam gears are set a stock settings also. We'll tune again in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver Orchid,
The turbo spools up very quickly. Starts to make positive pressure at about 2300 RPMS. Climbs to 4-5psi and then takes off fairly hard. Overall I'd say it's fairly linear. I would highly recommend this turbo for a street set-up. Maybe in the future I'll go with a SP66 just for numbers, but for now I'm extremely happy with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts