Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sp63 Spfuel on Mustang dyno results

Well, I finally got to the dyno today. Probably did about 20pulls with tuning in between of the map ecu and we managed to get:

503.7hp and 537.7torque on a mustang dyno.

Boost was set at about 26psi and this run was right after my best of 517hp but somehow we hit a button and never saved the run :(

My mods are as follows and let me know what you think. I was told the difference between a mustang and dynojet can be around 10~20% but who knows.

Rps lwflywheel
Rps stage 3 clutch
Sp 880cc fuel system with twin intake pumps
Sp63 .68 a/r Turbo kit
Map Ecu
3in dp and midpipe
3in atr exhaust
Cam gears set at zero (that's next to tune)
5 gal cam2 114 octane to full tank of 100 and 93 octane mix
air fuel was 10-11 throughout

I'll scan the graph and post tomorrow.

I'm planning on hitting a "dyno day" this weekend on a dyno jet and I will make no changes so we'll see the difference between the two.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
how fat was the tune?? these numbers are kind of dismal for 26 psi on a 63....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bdekoning yeah I thought so too and I wonder why it read my torque so high compared to hp. Looking on moreboost they all had higher hp than torque?? This was spinning all the rollers on the dyno and the front wheels also. I'm not sure if most mustang dyno's are like that?
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
Edit-I went back and looked at your AFR, that's part of your problem there. You need to get that AFR tuned better. If you're running C16 that AFR needs to be at least 11.5:1, otherwise you're just tuning safe. Some people even go leaner on C16, like 12.0:1.

That aside, you may also have a boost leak, but 10:1 is way too rich brother.

Lean it up and let me know what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad, tuning was done to be very safe. I had my snap on scanner connected and monitored knock and timing. I pulled to down to about 18degrees which I would like to know if that is good or not? The damn fuel in my tank was from last fall and I don't think that helped either. I burned 1/4th tank on the dyno so I'm going to put some fresh in now.

Beleive it or not I hold the record for this dyno as of now, that is untill 93HRDTOPTT (josh) gets on there with his new setup.
 

·
hardtopper
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
:stupid:


:D This dyno being it is a mustang dyno reads 30-40 hp lower than a dyno jet. there was an Evo that dynoed 267awhp on this mustang dyno and put down 301 awhp on a dyno jet.
It should be interesting to see what yours puts down this weekend on the dynojet with the same settings.

I'm anxious to see what mine does too!;)
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
mike91t said:
Brad, tuning was done to be very safe. I had my snap on scanner connected and monitored knock and timing. I pulled to down to about 18degrees which I would like to know if that is good or not? The damn fuel in my tank was from last fall and I don't think that helped either. I burned 1/4th tank on the dyno so I'm going to put some fresh in now.

Beleive it or not I hold the record for this dyno as of now, that is untill 93HRDTOPTT (josh) gets on there with his new setup.
Mike, if you're tuning safe, I wouldn't expect more than 500 ish RWHP from that "small" size turbo. 10:1 is way way rich. I'm surprised fire isn't shooting out the back LOL.

I can't help with the timing issue. Not sure what should be happening there. But that's a hella lot of boost to only be making 500rwhp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah it when the boost built it was black out the back! Flames too when we let off :)

What was funny was we did lean it out and it stayed at 18 degrees all the time. Never pulled anymore than 10 degrees or so. I thought we were "safe" then but it was still richened up.

Don't some tune by the amount of timing pulled? In other words take away fuel untill timing starts really getting pulled then add some? I got some learning to do on tuning :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have any comparisions between mustang and dynojet dyno's with the same setup. I was told by someone that ran on the same dyno as me that on a dynojet they went from 100rwhp on mustang to 130rwhp on dynojet (ford focus). Who knows??
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
braddman said:
Edit-I went back and looked at your AFR, that's part of your problem there. You need to get that AFR tuned better. If you're running C16 that AFR needs to be at least 11.5:1, otherwise you're just tuning safe. Some people even go leaner on C16, like 12.0:1.

That aside, you may also have a boost leak, but 10:1 is way too rich brother.

Lean it up and let me know what happens.
Goodluck with 12.0:1 A/f on highway runs..
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
^Easy killer, maybe he doesn't do long highway pulls like you FL guys! ;)

I too, would suggest you tunen for 11.8:1 on RACE gas - you're leaving HP on the table.

Don't get too worked up over "lower" #'s generated on a mustang dyno - it is a much better way to tune IMO. You will get a very solid tune when done.

Hell, I only put down 605rwhp @ ~27.7psi on a Mustang dyno thru an auto. I made ZERO changes, went to the track and my a/f was dead on (as it was on the dyno) - car ran 10.15 @ 141.8mph.

Throw that mph into a HP calculator for a 3600lb car.... :D

Good luck,
Jay
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
mike91t said:
Does anyone have any comparisions between mustang and dynojet dyno's with the same setup. I was told by someone that ran on the same dyno as me that on a dynojet they went from 100rwhp on mustang to 130rwhp on dynojet (ford focus). Who knows??
Mike there is a slight difference in the two dyno's and the way they display horsepower numbers, but the Mustang is supposed to be the true loading dyno like the street.

I highly suggest you spend some money on something like the PLX wideband like I bought, so you can take it out on the road, load it down, and tune it for (like the other people suggested) somewhere in the 11.8:1 range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took the car a spin this morning and my ass dyno told me it actually felt slower than before with the phr base map. Although it was a smoother powerband or so it felt.

Brad I do have the plx wideband with a guage in cockpit. When I drove it it kept the same ratio on the street as it did on the dyno last night. Right around 11.0:1 or so, I think 12:1 came up a few but nothing more.

Thanks Philly Single I feel better hearing someone else had the somewhat of the same results on a mustang.

I should mention too that I did a leakdown this before I went to the dyno and everything was well within specs.
 

·
Former Moderator
Joined
·
3,783 Posts
Congrats on the dyno Mike. The SP63 is a VERY fun turbo IMO. Gives a good balance of power and quick spool. Take it to the track and you'll quickly see if everything is alright. Take it all the way to 30 psi next time! :)

-Olivier
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
mike91t said:
I took the car a spin this morning and my ass dyno told me it actually felt slower than before with the phr base map. Although it was a smoother powerband or so it felt.

Brad I do have the plx wideband with a guage in cockpit. When I drove it it kept the same ratio on the street as it did on the dyno last night. Right around 11.0:1 or so, I think 12:1 came up a few but nothing more.

Thanks Philly Single I feel better hearing someone else had the somewhat of the same results on a mustang.

I should mention too that I did a leakdown this before I went to the dyno and everything was well within specs.
11.0:1 is decent on the street, close to where you want it. I wonder then if you're actually making more power on the street when the car is loading the turbo more. When I made 410 on the dyno it was only at 19psi because the turbos just couldn't get loaded down enough to make more boost, but on the street it would make upwards of 22psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went for a spin last night logging with the map ecu. I've still got to learn the program alittle since it's kinda a pain in the a$$ to view your logs. Everything looked good though and I was in the 11~12's the whole time. I'm anxious for the dynojet this weekend. It will be very interesting to see the difference. Usually where I'm going there are some snakes that need skinnin! ;)
 

·
hardtopper
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
mike91t said:
I went for a spin last night logging with the map ecu. I've still got to learn the program alittle since it's kinda a pain in the a$$ to view your logs. Everything looked good though and I was in the 11~12's the whole time. I'm anxious for the dynojet this weekend. It will be very interesting to see the difference. Usually where I'm going there are some snakes that need skinnin! ;)

I'll have to roll out there to that snake pit with you sometime Mike!:D
 

·
I'm back!
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
mike91t said:
I went for a spin last night logging with the map ecu. I've still got to learn the program alittle since it's kinda a pain in the a$$ to view your logs. Everything looked good though and I was in the 11~12's the whole time. I'm anxious for the dynojet this weekend. It will be very interesting to see the difference. Usually where I'm going there are some snakes that need skinnin! ;)
I'll be up north next week, but I won't be skinning anything in my Chevy Cobolt rental car.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top