Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before I get the what's wrong with Ced's car comments or the well my turbo outspools his stuff let me clarify a few things. When the turbo hits full boost my ECU goes crazy and severly richens things up. I am talking about 10.2 here. This causes my hp numbers between 2 to 4k to be lower. As I hit 4k it levels out to about 11.5. The car runs leaner on the street and I hit full boost at about 3800 rpms.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Ced, congrats on the numbers!!!! I can't wait to see that beast here for TX2K2. Let me know if you need any help with shipping and such...
Peter

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
houstonT said:
Ced, congrats on the numbers!!!! I can't wait to see that beast here for TX2K2. Let me know if you need any help with shipping and such...
Peter
Thanks Pete. I could use some info on transport companies. Not sure if I want to put that many miles on the car driving from Cali or not.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Ced, give me a call when you get chance.
Drop me an email, and i'll give you my phone number...
Peter
[email protected]

Silver Orchid SP60 said:

Thanks Pete. I could use some info on transport companies. Not sure if I want to put that many miles on the car driving from Cali or not.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
ok, i jumped over here now.

3800 rpms is acceptable, especially with that larger housing, but what are you referring to when you say "full boost" ? lmk please, by the way, very awesome numbers.

Silver Orchid SP60 said:
Ok, before I get the what's wrong with Ced's car comments or the well my turbo outspools his stuff let me clarify a few things. When the turbo hits full boost my ECU goes crazy and severly richens things up. I am talking about 10.2 here. This causes my hp numbers between 2 to 4k to be lower. As I hit 4k it levels out to about 11.5. The car runs leaner on the street and I hit full boost at about 3800 rpms.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: SP63 with .81 Dyno sheets....

turbosupra said:
ok, i jumped over here now.

3800 rpms is acceptable, especially with that larger housing, but what are you referring to when you say "full boost" ? lmk please, by the way, very awesome numbers.

Full boost is when I hit whatever boost level I have set on my boost controller.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Re: Re: Re: SP63 with .81 Dyno sheets....

ok, so it is safe to say that you could hit 12 pounds by 3800? if so, that is very cool.

Silver Orchid SP60 said:

Full boost is when I hit whatever boost level I have set on my boost controller.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grant said:
Yikes, thats pretty laggy.

Anyone have dyno sheets of a .81 SP63 on stock cams w/o any fuel problems?

Ah nevermind, found one: http://www.vache.org/supra/graphics/turbos/SP63_AS2.jpg

Still spools kinda slow, looks like .70 might be the optimal A/R for the SP63 on the stock rev limiter.
How do you have any idea how much lag my car has if you havent ridden in it? Like I said, on the street it's not the same because I run Leaner. I am really getting tired of people who havent ridden in a car with the SP63 not too mention my car telling me my car is laggy. You have no clue.........

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Re: Re: SP63 with .81 Dyno sheets....

turbosupra said:
ok, so it is safe to say that you could hit 12 pounds by 3800? if so, that is very cool.

12 lbs? I can hit that at 2.5k. At 3800 I will be at 18, 22, or whatever setting I choose.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SP63 with .81 Dyno sheets....

ok, thats really impressive, like i said before, i wish i could get a ride. i would like to get the sp63 for my car, instead of running the t70 that i have sitting around. thanks for the info!

anyone in MD with a sp63 that is giving rides?

Silver Orchid SP60 said:

12 lbs? I can hit that at 2.5k. At 3800 I will be at 18, 22, or whatever setting I choose.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al98t said:
Very Impressive....

Those Sp turbos are just amazing
I would definitely agree. You have got to let me know what your numbers are if you get cams and a manifold. It's amazing that you are at 700rwhp. How does it spool compared to the 63?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Silver Orchid SP60 said:

How do you have any idea how much lag my car has if you havent ridden in it? Like I said, on the street it's not the same because I run Leaner. I am really getting tired of people who havent ridden in a car with the SP63 not too mention my car telling me my car is laggy. You have no clue.........
Well, dyno sheets don't lie, do they? The dyno sheet I posted looks pretty laggy to me, and yours obviously looks worse b/c of the rich problem. I'm currently trying to choose a single turbo, thats all....

Only SP turbo car I've been in is a SP60. Me, I'd go with the .68, as it seems to spool only slightly slower than TTC twins according to Steve J's graph.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grant said:

Well, dyno sheets don't lie, do they? The dyno sheet I posted looks pretty laggy to me, and yours obviously looks worse b/c of the rich problem. I'm currently trying to choose a single turbo, thats all....

Only SP turbo car I've been in is a SP60. Me, I'd go with the .68, as it seems to spool only slightly slower than TTC twins according to Steve J's graph.
Dyno sheets dont tell the whole story either. I have had an SP60, now the SP63. I think I know how the spool pretty well. Good luck with your search, I have found the one for me. I will stick with my super laggy 63 lol....

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Grant said:

A SP63 is not laggy.... AT ALL. As shown by Steve Jarvis, is spools identically to the stock twins in true twin mode but makes alot more HP. The only single turbos available that are less laggy are the SP60, SP57 and the TS04.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sound Performance said:

A SP63 is not laggy.... AT ALL. As shown by Steve Jarvis, is spools identically to the stock twins in true twin mode but makes alot more HP. The only single turbos available that are less laggy are the SP60, SP57 and the TS04.

Lar
SP
Um yeah, but Steve J has the .68 a/r. Exhaust housing selection makes a bigger diff. in spool anyways...

I know lag is subjective (dyno sheets aren't), but it just seems to me that the .68 a/r produces the best AVERAGE rwhp across the stock rev range. Look at Al S.'s .81 graph (http://www.vache.org/supra/graphics/turbos/SP63_AS1.jpg) and Bordin T's .68 graph (http://www.vache.org/supra/graphics/turbos/SP63_BT1.JPG). 5k+, they have about the same average power. But before 5k the .68 outperforms it.

Not saying a SP63 spools slowly, as it most certainly does not.... But peak power isn't everything.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts