Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering which turbo makes more power the SP70 or the PHR Stage 3??

·
Registered
111 Posts
From what I can see from Powerhouse's website, it seems like the PHR Stage 3 turbo is actually a large array of turbos. According to the website it ranges from the GT70 series to GT80 series. You can't really compare it to the SP70 because there might be certain PHR stage 3 turbos that are bigger and certain ones that are smaller than SP70's. Just looking at the dyno charts on power house's website though, it seems like the Stage 3 makes more power, but with more lag. Checking out the websites of each company really helps, people should search because they offer a wealth of information in many cases.

-amir

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I guess it depends on how big of a turbo the PHR Stage III is.....

Don't forget we now have ALOT of new turbos in our lineup. SP57, 60, 63, 66, 68, 70, 72, 74, 76, and 88....... The 88 is capable of WELL over 1200 HP.

Lar
SP

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
The PHR stage 3 made 790 rwhp and 650 rwtq on a STOCK motor and STOCK cams at 2 bar. That is all the information that i have at this point. With cams, expect 840 rwhp or so. It is DEFINATELY 1 bad turbo...
Peter

·
Registered
581 Posts
houstonT said:
The PHR stage 3 made 790 rwhp and 650 rwtq on a STOCK motor and STOCK cams at 2 bar. That is all the information that i have at this point. With cams, expect 840 rwhp or so. It is DEFINATELY 1 bad turbo...
Peter
Peter

How about this

Stage 3 turbo
Port and Polished head with 1 mm oversized valves,Ti retainers,Double spings
HKS 272 cams

What do you think if somebody was running this setup

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Like i said, all i know for a fact is what the stage 3 made on stock motor, stock cams. I cannot begin to guess what it would make with the setup you are describing... Now, if i were to venture a guess :) I would say that it could make around 900 rwhp, but that also depends on boost...
Peter

Supramannen said:

Peter

How about this

Stage 3 turbo
Port and Polished head with 1 mm oversized valves,Ti retainers,Double spings
HKS 272 cams

What do you think if somebody was running this setup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts