Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Spal 13” fan to replace my factory fan on the A/C Condenser since I will be installing a FMIC and wondering how should I wire it. Should I just tap into existing wiring from the old fan? I am just not sure of the operation of that fan in front of the A/C Condenser. Does that fan kick in only when A/C is on or when temperature hits a specific mark. I don’t know if that fan needs to be running at all times or at a specific temp when the FMIC is installed on the car, so the car won’t overheat. Any help is appreciated.

-Vitek

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Most people wire it to the existing old fan circuit, which is activated both when the compressor kicks on and/or when the coolant reaches a certain temperature. If you so desire, you could chose to wire it to run all the time. I don't think the latter is necessary unless you live in an extremely hot climate or are a road racer.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Chances are the SPAL draws a lot less current than the stock fan. I have a 14" Zirgo running through the stock fan relay and wiring no problem. The relay stays nice and cool.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll just wire it to the old wiring and I should be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts