Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got some sparcos turinos i bought them with brackets that were in a 240 tried to fit it on the supra but that did not work. anyone know what i can do,get them from mvp or are these universal.BTW what can i do about the seat belts they are together with the stock seats

·
Registered
942 Posts
i got the basemounts for the mkiv supra and fitment is horrible. if you already have basemounts (from the 240), i'd look into getting a shop to modify these to fit properly (if this is possible, i don't know anything about 240's). No point in spending 200+ for supra brackets that don't fit either.

Don't get me wrong, i got mine to fit, but don't ask how, and yes my seats are crooked, the base is stretched, so they don't slide for sh*t either, so i'm going to have to get them reworked in the future as well. (just don't have the willpower to do it right now, given the frustration to finally get the seats in the car).

(the seats also sit higher with the basemounts as opposed to stock, something you could also avoid with a custom base. There have been threads about this before, with many people also complaining about the terrible fitment of the basemounts, just so you know)

Luke.

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
I got my basemounts from Titan and they were perfect. There was a slight bend in one of them but i fixed that. They bolted right in with no problem.

Call Sean at Titan and he will get you all the necessary stuff to get your Torinos in your car.

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the sliders but the base mounts are welded onto the sliders

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I just got some Torinos with the Sparco bases. They didn't fit very well but I finally got them in. I had to buy a longer bolt with about a half inch of washers to get the back mounting point to work (the one that bolts into the trans tunnel) I'm planning on making my own brakets that sit lower in the near future!

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
I just got some Torinos with the Sparco bases. They didn't fit very well but I finally got them in. I had to buy a longer bolt with about a half inch of washers to get the back mounting point to work (the one that bolts into the trans tunnel) I'm planning on making my own brakets that sit lower in the near future!
I have the milano 2s and had to use a longer bolt as well. I thought it was just an issue that I was having and was rather concerned since sparco provides the bolt kit, but everything seems secure along with the harness bar.

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got them in a cpuple of hours ago

BTW i almost killed my self i order the seat bases from titan with bolts it took me like 5 hours to get them in the bolts would not line up. i had to force them a bit they sit alot higer than stock i feel like a giant now:nono:hey they look alot better than the tang ones i had and they feel bad ass

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
I install my basemounts from MVP they fit my torinos but they are about 2-3 inches higer but look nice and i didn't have a problem with the bolts everything bolts ok it take me like 1 hour to change the seats.

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Well I spent like an hour on each base modifying them to fit correctly. But they both are identical and straight, and also slide with no issue. Seats do sit higher but I actually kind of like it so far...dam sparco...if anyone needs some torino 2;s I have 2 for sale brand new...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
that is strange
i got a pair of sparco with the sparco seat mount. they fitments was excellent. the seat sit lower than stock and the slider works very well. just like stock

·
Spracingonline.com
2,849 Posts
Two things, I have the torinos as well, one the bracket fit with a little bit of tweaking, but what a pain in the ass. Two they DO sit higher then stock and dont really slide that well. I am not please with the amount i spent on metal that i could of fabed up and tiged myself

·
masterblaster
1,111 Posts
do any of the other side mounts that sparco sells work in the supra? somebody has to have figured something out for these seats. I see a few guys with s2000 seats in the sup and they are looking very low the way they are mounted?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
just got them in a cpuple of hours ago

BTW i almost killed my self i order the seat bases from titan with bolts it took me like 5 hours to get them in the bolts would not line up. i had to force them a bit they sit alot higer than stock i feel like a giant now:nono:hey they look alot better than the tang ones i had and they feel bad ass
lol i had this same problem with my set when i was getting ready for NE2k7 and finaly after getting them in i said F it and put the stockers back in .im attempting the install again this comming week when i have more time to play with.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
maqic,where did the brackets come from you got ,where they sparco brand
i bought my seat used from a member here but i don't remember his screen name. The seat base i believe are sparco. are there any way of verifying them?
all four bolt lined up perfectly like stock configuration. both the seat slides very well

·
masterblaster
1,111 Posts
wish I knew where to get some that worked like yours Majic,cause everyone else seems to have a rough go of it,I dont have patience for that kinda crap

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
i bought my seat used from a member here but i don't remember his screen name. The seat base i believe are sparco. are there any way of verifying them?
all four bolt lined up perfectly like stock configuration. both the seat slides very well

Magic look and see if yours still have the sparco stickers on them that identity year/make/model and side. Otherwise maybe take a picture, those of use with the sparcos will surely be able to id them since we so care for them. :rolleyes:

I am also wondering if there is a difference in production dates or something. Like maybe sparco revised them or soemthing and if you get old stock you get crappy ones...But then again I got one that I suspect was old stock and one new and they both sucked...nevermind...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts