Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With money I got from Christmas and my birthday this year, I decided to begin the interior changes to my car. The first one being the seats. I chose the Torino 2's in black & grey as they looked the best with my car's interior.

Installation was surprisingly easy. All the brackets lined up and the holes for everything was where they should be. They give you brackets and hardware to relocate the seat belt clasp and all necessary hardware is included with the kits. The only modification I had to make was the bracket that bolts to the seat has 3 height adjustment tabs/holes in it. In order to put it on the lowest one, which I needed, the other two holes had to be cut off. Simple 15 minute job for the cutting. Nothing major.

As for the impressions so far, I LOVE them. The only negative thing I can say so far is they sit you up a bit higher than I would like. They are about 2-3 inches higher up than the stockers and now my SOGI short shifter is a bit harder to reach. So if anyone knows of someone that has a spare C's or other short throw shifter, let me know :) Other than that, I absolutely love them. The attention I have gotten from them so far is a little more than I had originally thought I would get, but that's just an opportunity to give a business card away :D Anyway, on with the pics!

Let me know what you think or if you have any other questions about the install or anything else about the seats.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those look awesome Trent. I also was pondering on getting thgose, cause I want a racing seat that is reclinable. Nice all around car. Love the seats man, good choice.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The comfort of the seat is surprisingly good. I'm not at all a small person and the bottom of the seat is quite snug, but still comfortable. The back is VERY supportive and comfortable though. Holds on to you everywhere basically. Driving with them is awesome. They really hold on and keep you in your seat.

G

·
0 Posts
damn they raise the seat a few inches?? I was considering getting those seats or reupholstering my stock ones. I have to slouch a bit to keep my head from rubbing the roof as it is.. guess that settles things then.. :)

Looks awesome.. now you just need to get a 4 point harness.

BTW i have never seen your car, very clean love the color, both the interior and exterior.

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
Ha, now you see why I have a long stick.

Looks good Trent. Wish I had money for it, but nah. I'm not about to spend $600 each for a Sparco seat. Might I add, those torino's are very comfortable and relaxing.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MKIIIpowered said:
trent my man those seats are great to look at! You got a PM!

Will
Thanks Will! I tried to respond, but your PM box is full. Send me an email if you have any more questions. Thanks bro!

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Dang, nice looking, but the loss of headroom is not going to do it for me.
Guess like someone else here, I'll just have to spend the money on new leather seats over the existing frames/foam.
My drivers seat mounts are modified to give me more headroom, and leg room, and on long drives, being able to sit up straight is really nice. Also the leg room deal is perfect.
I actually have to move the seat forward some around town as I moved it back too much. (1.5" or more.) I picked up about 1" or more of Headroom too. (The rear of the seat is now on the floor, and the front mounts are 1.2" lower. My speaker crossover box still fits under the seat however, just before the crossmember where the heater duct is. The seat bottem is touching slightly, but a quick cut of the carpet pad and that resolved the issue.
Nice seats Trent.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Very cool man... looking sweet. Just how much lighter are they than the stockers?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Nice pics Trent...I want them soooooo bad.... How did you get them to fit into the car? What kind of brackets?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts