900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
I am getting away with 3330 and .035 gap. no misses on my t88 setup
what ecu and boost?

I missfired at .026 with 3330's. AEM, 15 lbs, HKS DLI

·
Registered
248 Posts
Get the NGK turbo plug , 7376 racing , they have it in 8,9,10 range. It is specially designed for turbo application ( the tip )so you have less chance blowing out spark at high boost.This is the best plug your money can get as far as i know .We always use this plug for high boost application and anti lag on the rally cars without fail.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
Has anybody had experience with a new kind of plug called the E3 Diamond Fire. I read about it in a magazine. Just putting it out there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Get the NGK turbo plug , 7376 racing , they have it in 8,9,10 range. It is specially designed for turbo application ( the tip )so you have less chance blowing out spark at high boost.This is the best plug your money can get as far as i know .We always use this plug for high boost application and anti lag on the rally cars without fail.
Where can you get this plug? sparkplugs.com does not list a 7376 for NGK.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
does NGK have a plug like the 6097 but a heat 8 or 9 instead?
Yes the copper ones, but they have no resistors which do not work well with our cam sensors.
Only iridiums come with resistors in heat range 8 and 9.

·
Banned
82 Posts
i just burned up a set of the 3330's on a 76mm with 27lbs of boost, the car would break up anything past 27lbs, they were gapped at .26 Before i could get home to gap them down just a tad, they were toast. So what are the next best plug next heat range that will do better than the 3330's???

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
^^ Change your coil packs and check your ignitor + dli.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Slightly off topic but my car misses at 18psi and 6097 with the stock ECU and no DLI, my car has 110k miles so I think my coilpacks are ready to be changed. I am going AEM though and installing DLI. Do you guys think that my missfire will get worse or better with the AEM/DLI?

I know AEM is wasted spark so it usually worsens if no other changes are being made, but what happens when the DLI is installed aswell, will I sitll be limited at 18psi, or get more psi out without missfire?

BTW: For me the Iridiums workded alot better than the copper plugs, I got 21psi+ with Iridiums without missfire but I fouled them because of my rich idle (11:1).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
^^ You can run 35+psi with AEM and DLI if your coil packs are good. And you don't need a very small gap on the plugs.

·
Brake boosting
512 Posts
are any of you guys that run Iridiums using the NGK BKR8EIX's? i dont know the 4 digit code for them, but i know of several people from my other forum that switched from 6097's with big turbo VW's to the 8's. but last week i saw what the 6097s are good for though. saw 801.2RWHP on a Dynapack from Runs 11's car on the 76GTS. im just wondering if anyone has used them here and if youve had much luck with them.. 8-10$ a plug is a bit much for how long they seem to last. i change my 6097's in my car every 5,000 miles or so, and im only on low boost and pump gas, but they do show some wear.

·
Registered
493 Posts
How about the BKR6EIX-11 (3764) NGK Iridium's? Are any of you familiar with this plug? They come gapped at .040.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Ryan has the right NGK plugs for you, Scott.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts