Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
How much boost on what turbo were you running on your setup serpen? Are you running E by any chance?
Yes im running an ebay gt45 @22lbs . I notice im getting better gas milage as well, managed 320 miles with lil less the a quarter tank left. And this is with my lead foot, also stop and go traffic. This motor is in an 88 mitsubishi starion not sure if you knew that or mattered.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just a report, Im on E85, slightly rich tune, the plugs get a little dark around the outside. Im on an AEM v1 with 1600cc injectors and 272's, 4202. Any ways, was having an issue with the 4644's not lasting long at all and degrading. Much better luck with the iridium 2668's.

CJG

·
Slow 2JZ
1,127 Posts
I have always been using heat 9 Iridium whether NGK Or HKS S45i.

And once i had no plugs to use , so i used a heat 8 NGK Platinum , Believe it or not when i used the NGK 8 Platinum i LOST POWER. i felt a big difference , and when i used them i was afraid to turn the boost up to 30+ PSIs , so i was running max of 1.5 BAR.

Than i received my NGK Iridium heat 9 and put them and noticed a gain in power.

I don't know how people here use NGKs 3330 they are very HOT.

Best plugs ever are Iridiums , that's it.

If you have not used it yet , just try it and i'm sure there well be a gain in power , not just that , you feel even that the turbo is spooling quicker.

Use them just as a test , i'm sure you would love them.

Regards,

P.S : and yes they are expensive. :)
all that info was on the first post. i didnt have time to read all 6 or so pages so i was wondering could i use the NGK Iridium heat 9 with my supra even though im using HKS DLI?
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/NGK/Ignition/Spark_Plugs/IRIDIUM_IX/11398

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most the S2000 guys run the BKR8EIX (2668) up to around 700 hp then change to the BKR9EIX (2669) above that. They are iridium plugs and they last quite a while, I have had good success with them.

·
Slow 2JZ
1,127 Posts
i dont have an S2k...so looking for some more insight from a long time member.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is no issue running the NRK 8's or 9's with a CDI box, it has been done on many occasions. But what do I know, I have an S2000.

·
www.dmkperformance.com
742 Posts
Forgive me for not reading through all the pages, but what seems to be the plug of choice for E85 and 800+whp? I'm assuming staying stock heat range is ideal since E85 already provides a cooler burn?

·
www.dmkperformance.com
742 Posts
Note taken, thanks 1A1!

And what are we typically gapping the BCPR7ES plugs?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I am bumping this up !
when i had my car tuned the first time i had irridiums stock gap .044 no break up up to 24 psi. run 16-17 psi for a month 1/2 and i went thru 5 set of plugs , i bought the same irridiums and gapped them down to .028 runs great for a couple days then back to the same crap. bought another set gapped to .022 runs great couple days and back to the same thing.I replace my plugs every week , i drive my car everyday ~700whp now since i replaced the clutch and turned the boost up.
I drive it everyday on E85 , I am tired of spending $80 for a set of plugs every week.
what plugs do you recommend for E85 if i daily my car? it's starting to piss me off..

tia

·
2JZ Owner
42 Posts
I am bumping this up !
when i had my car tuned the first time i had irridiums stock gap .044 no break up up to 24 psi. run 16-17 psi for a month 1/2 and i went thru 5 set of plugs , i bought the same irridiums and gapped them down to .028 runs great for a couple days then back to the same crap. bought another set gapped to .022 runs great couple days and back to the same thing.I replace my plugs every week , i drive my car everyday ~700whp now since i replaced the clutch and turned the boost up.
I drive it everyday on E85 , I am tired of spending $80 for a set of plugs every week.
what plugs do you recommend for E85 if i daily my car? it's starting to piss me off..

tia
Hey man,

I've been running the NGK Iridium IX 8 heat range. Gapped @ .024.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts