Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what kind of gap people with big single supras with igntion amplifiers run. i had ngk's with .032 with the stock twins, but am now going with the single and an igntion amplifier. i plan to run around 23 psi. any suggestions:confused:

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
I have been switching back and forth between iridiums and copper 3330s. I just put down some great #s( more than I expected;) with the 3330s gapped at .026...no misses at all at 28 lbs.

Scott

Peace

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Thread Revival. What are gap are most folks using. I'm 67dbb on stock ecu/maf/fuel on pumped gas. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
IIRC, I ran Iridiums (IK-22's ? it's been a long time) and an HKS DLI with the plugs gapped at about .030" when I was under 25 PSI boost on my T-64 and then SP74 turbo and I liked how they worked -- ran flawlessly on pump or race gas. After turning the boost up on the SP74 I had to switch to 6097's gapped a .026 to get good all around results with no misfires up to 30 PSI or so. For some reason my car ran like garbage on 3330's though it's another popular plug for single setups. :wtf:

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I've got the 6097s. what do you think would be best for boosting at 15lbs? I don't seem to have any issues at .028 which is what i had at bpu. thanks.

·
Toyota Master Tech
1,438 Posts
I've got the 6097s. what do you think would be best for boosting at 15lbs? I don't seem to have any issues at .028 which is what i had at bpu. thanks.
their is no magic # you run the largest gap you can for the boost you are running without misfire

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
sks,

I have a DLI and a Vipec standalone with my PTE67... 16 psi @ .032 (stock gap, I think) for ngk 6097s. Never had a problem. I have never regapped my plugs.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
thanks.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Agree with quake and marshall, and I'd go further and say I'd probably run V-Power platinums (or iridiums if I felt like spending more money) a heat range colder than stock at only 15 PSI on an APU setup. I do not believe there is an issue running those type of plugs at those low boost levels. APU at 15 PSI should be easier on plugs and related complications than BPU at 15 PSI, IMO.

·
1,210 Posts
.030 will work on BPU, sometimes if you are agressive on BPU you can drop down to .025 and you will be fine. With single typically .025 also is fine.

I like the 6282 (3330 replacement) and the 2668 NGK Iridium plugs.

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,408 Posts
6097's at .028 gap at 15psi on a 67dbb works great in the 1jz.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts