Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been brought up many times but the search feature wont work so im forced to ask... i looked around and tried searching for a gapage that is most commonly near, but didnt find any info.....so i was wondering wats a good gap to start from??\
is the ngk pregap size ok because the toyota manual says to start off with .043"...... what are your guys gapps at...... roughly
thanks in advance
jason

K

·
0 Posts
ngk 3330s at 32 is what mines at a little rough idle but no chance of misfire... Kevin..

·
supraman
632 Posts
I had mine gapped at .50 with stock boost just exhaust upgrade. But once I installed my DP/ HKS-SMF intake it misfired badly at higher RPM and the response was not sharp. I gapped down to .030 with stock plugs. Wow!!It made a huge difference in response and performance also no misfiring. I plan to run about 18/19psi boost hence I gapped at .030. If you are running lower boost you can stick to.034-.036!:D

Z

·
0 Posts
food at supra meet? can I come?!:)
yeh just go with NGK3330 with gapp at 0.35", dont go lower than 0.31" unless you have to.
I personally prefer Denso Iradiums which comes with pregapped 0.31", that way I dont have to change my plugs every 3000miles.

Z

·
0 Posts
6097 is actually better because its specs fit our car the most. actually I meant 6097 sorry.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info guys.... im probably gonna stick around 32 when im boosting a little higher than stock. but for now ill do 35 or so...

thanks again
jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts