Thanks,

Adam
The gaskets are part of the plug.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay,

Do we use the washer thing that is attached to the sparkplug or not?

Thanks,

Adam

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is that I do not remember if my stocker came with that little ring or not. I have changed the plugs about a billion times but I cannot remember if they had that thing or not.

Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Reed said:
The problem is that I do not remember if my stocker came with that little ring or not. I have changed the plugs about a billion times but I cannot remember if they had that thing or not.

Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam
Use the gasket, it was there on your stock plugs.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chip. BTW, I installed AC Delco Rapidfire 5 last night gapped at .028 and it runs like a champ for the first time in a long time. It looks like I had the others(NGK 3330 and Autolite) gapped to small. My gapping tool was not too accurate. I bought some feelers and was able to gap much more accurately.

Thanks for you help.

Adam

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you don't use the gaskets, how are going to tighten the plugs :confused: , the gasket is what gives and the plug get tight. Otherwise the threads of the head get stripped and you are in Deep $hit :eek:. And when it happens oh man, I tell you, it's no fun. Think about a tune up job worth about $4k, and USE the gaskets:hammer:

Dimitri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts