Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wheel Whore
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to chase down my lean bug but I need some advice. I have a new motor in my car but my builder believes I should gap the spark plugs at .22 because I have 100k + mile coil packs.

A friend of mine says I should gap them to .30 because the vpc which I am running, cannot control wasted spark like the AEM can. So I am just blowing off spark. Anyways the plugs I am using are the 6097's with the 7 heat range. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
0.022 is too small. Get some new coil packs and run a gap closer to 0.030.
I run 0.040 on new coil packs and 18psi without any miss.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
I run mine at 28. I agree that 22 is way to small. Most people with upgrades run 28-30 to alieviate problems with missing.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
for the past year and a half ive been running ngk 3330's with a stock out of the box gap of .32. Recently, I had some detonation issues... replaced them again... ran 1 run w/nitrous, and now I have a missfire once again :dunno:

so today I bought NGK 6097's and I am planning on gapping them to .28 :)

I'm hoping this helps (my missifire/car) a lot :)

·
Wheel Whore
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well be careful not to blow your motor mang. I am getting my car on the dyno next week. And it runs a hell of alot better with the plugs gapped at .30. I put some NGK 1283's on it last night.

With the 12v mod and dampener bypass mod with 1 bar and my gcc settings and vpc settings set at noon, I should be running a little rich with the SP63 .81 hotside. But after just driving around town and only getting on the turbo just for 1 pull my plugs are pure white on top. With warmer temps we should be running leaner correct? I am getting a wideband hooked up this weekend and hopefully some of these issues would be resolved but this turbo is not that big....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts