Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a TRD strut tower brace. Now I've got to change the plugs. Am I missing something, or does everyone who has this brace remove it to get to the center plugs?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the greddy strut brace and all i have to do is unbolt one side of the brace and push it out of the way like a hinge.:D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you swing the brace out of the way by unbolting one side ?(if there are 3 bolts on each side, it shouldn't be able to pivot/swing)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the greddy strut bar is bolted down to the shock towers using the 3 bolts on each side. But the bar going across the shock towers is mounted to the those mounting brackets by one bolt on each side. you take off one bolt and use the other bolt as a hinge lifting one side of the bar. i believe the trd unit is one entire unit and doesn't allow for this, so changin spark plugs does seam like a PIA.

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
6 bolts.

Just undo the six strut tower bolts that attach the bar to the strut towers, and then remove it.

You may also have to unplug a harness on the driver's side strut tower to make room for the bar; just remember to plug it back in.

It only takes a few minutes. Be sure to tighten the bolts up to spec as well after you are finished. You don't want that stuff coming off while driving :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts