Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· "Yeah! Take the lemons.."
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched a bit but having some trouble understanding which plugs and heat range are best for performance due to variety.

I remember hearing NGK coppers are the way to go but vague on it.. and I assume it's best to not tamper with stock heat range?

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Copper NGK's I think are the best for boost. If you are running increased boost levels on a CT26, go with 1 step colder. If you're on a bigger turbo, go with 2 step colder plugs.

Always run NGK's and you will never have a problem.

1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I was also reading this
The wires are. Supra calls for a 6. I had sixs on mine and they were too hot. NGK numbers their backwards, low=hot high=cold. If a 6 is too hot then a 5 deffinantly would be. Go with a 7 with the iridiums or a 6 with regular platnums.
from a thread a couple months ago. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534679&highlight=spark+plugs

Is this true? I'm curious what the right copper ngk heat range would be since apparently they are on a different scale.

1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called kragen to see what they had and the dude said he had the coppers but he insisted bosch platinums would be better for me because they burn hotter and are better for foreign engines :dunno:

Why would he say such a thing?

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Spark Plugs is srs bzns

· ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
15,178 Posts
The AutoLite copper plugs are good.
I used to switch between them and the NGK coppers.

The biggest difference was the availability.
NGK's usually need to be ordered around here, and the AutoLites were on shelf.

Be careful with AutoLite though, they're apparently slightly shorter and seem to give people trouble who still have a center valley gasket.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.