Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know, I've been having this issue as of late. After installing the nitrous, I keep getting spark blow out. I checked all of my nitrous parts, the fuel is spraying, the nitrous is spraying, I triple checked my jetting. I spray in Lo Boost, which is about 13-13.5psi. Now before, I hit the nitrous a few times and the car absolutely hauled-ass and hit 19psi. Then I upped the spray a little more, from 65ish to 75ish, then pretty much started losing spark. I looked at the a/f gauge (which is a dancing lights gauge, but it definately shows if your lean or rich) and all of the green rich lights are lit up and I keep losing spark. Then when I turn off the arming switch and just floor it in Hi Boost, I get the same effect, then switch over to Lo Boost and I still get it, but less, and it slowly starts to clear up. I swapped to some new BKR7E-11 plugs and gapped them at .024 and still get the same problem. I don't know if it's just dumping too much fuel, or if my ignition is weak???? I tried the BKR6E-11 plugs as well, same results.

I'm wondering if I have problemed coils, or if I need that HKS Twin Power, or if putting on an SAFC2 and tuning the fuel down is the route I should take. Any ideas???

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Dunno if the twin power ignition is needed but i've seen many down here with NOS use it as it helps out alot. 2 cars have an AFC2 and the drop the fuel throughout the high rpm range and they dont get problems

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think it may be a small amount of both for me, the combination of too rich and the weak spark at higher boost levels. I have an SAFC2 on the way, so I guess I'll try that first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts