Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Heres the bike: 94 CBR600-F2...
Symptoms: non-start
here's what I've found out so far... I've done all the proper test and ruled it down to a spark issue. Its sparking on all 4 cylinders but the spark is very weak. I figured this out by doing the old grounding the spark plug out on the frame test.... My buddy has a 94 f2 as well and his spark was much stronger. Unfortunately now I've hit a wall. My buddy with the f2 is gone so I can't test anything out on his bike now. I've checked the resistance on both coils and its well within specs. I'm going out now with all 10 pages from the factory service manual to check everything out. I'm worried though that because it is sparking but its weak it will be hard to find so I'm going to have to check all my wiring and everything to. Is there any chance this could be a faulty ignition control module or would that just cause no spark. Also any other ideas on stuff to check? My ears are open so even if its a long shot let me know. Thanks for the help
-KEvin

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a feeling the forum link will be the best answer I get from this post. Thanks a lot man. I haven't put a ton of time into it but I have looked a bit for some cbr forums and hadn't had any luck.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
no problem man. i used to be pretty active on cbrworld.net until i got a new bike.

but the guys at cbrworld.net are really helpful so you shouldn't have much problems figuring out whats wrong with your bike with their help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah this is my first bike. I've had my share of cars (2 turbo 240sx's, 3 turbo dsm's) so I'm pretty mechanically inclined but I'm just stumped on this problem.
update on the problem too:
I've done the ignition system check from the service manual and everything checks out. I've also checked the resistance between the ICM and the coils and its very minimal. I'm stumped as shit. Only thing I can think of is maybe the plug wires are bad?? I'm going to order a new set cause these are old anyways so unless I find another idea on here or cbrworld.net I'm holding for a bit.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Have you ever had any charging issues with the bike... I f2's have some issues with the voltage rectifier that ends up cooking some other wiring with the bike... not sure if it can damage the ingnition circuit. I also have read a few things about the ignition modual going bad (box under passanger side tail)

When on cbrworld, do a search for post by "abadfish" he is very familiar with f2/f2... maybe even send him a PM.

Anyways, hope that helps a little.... I ride a 93 f2 BTW 25k on it and I run it hard everyday, they are great bikes... so don't give up on it... and if you do SELL ME THE PLASTICS!!!!

-Dustin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts