Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cutting out around 5k about 1.3 bar. I have changed coilpacks, ign apmlifier, ignitor, resistor box. I didnt think it would be the sparkplugs because I had just changed them.

Here is a picture of the one i just pulled

The plug has 4 spots where it looks like its firiing.

Looking at this id say my timing is off uptop, but the car ran fine before and is fine at idle.

What do you think?

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
if it looks peppery (which the photo does.. i dont know what i looks like in real life) your running lean

this looks like more of a fuel issue to me... log the a/f ratio where it cuts out and see if im right

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks a little lean.

WOT pull, shut off the car. Check plugs. log the a/f ratio.

Do you have a wideband??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5barcar said:
Looks a little lean.

WOT pull, shut off the car. Check plugs. log the a/f ratio.

Do you have a wideband??

I have a wideband and it dosent show lean. I stayed in it while it was cutting and it never went above 12. Before it cuts it is at 10.7 or so

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats your timing look like

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5barcar said:
Whats your timing look like

The car is cutting at 1.2-1.3 bar wiht a t74 gts. The funny thing is that it ran fine before with the same program. I also gapped a new set of plugs to .023 too. It feels like its blowing the spark out but only in 1 maybe 2 cylinders.

Not sure yet. I have aem but havent hooked up to it with my laptop. That is my next step. I think I have v1.03 does anyone have that program?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do some logging and see what you come up with, hopefully that will give you some light on the subject. I would suggest pulling your timing and adding some fuel in increments around 5k to redline, but i cant give you a concrete answer considering i dont know the car and the mods enough to say it could be this or that. Oh and get new plugs, do some pulls on those and see how they look.

I had some similar problems with my car once i built it and added the GT4202, timing was the issue, i put it on a dyno and sure enough i was running into knock due to lack of fuel once in full boost.

Who tuned your car???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5barcar said:
Do some logging and see what you come up with, hopefully that will give you some light on the subject. I would suggest pulling your timing and adding some fuel in increments around 5k to redline, but i cant give you a concrete answer considering i dont know the car and the mods enough to say it could be this or that. Oh and get new plugs, do some pulls on those and see how they look.

I had some similar problems with my car once i built it and added the GT4202, timing was the issue, i put it on a dyno and sure enough i was running into knock due to lack of fuel once in full boost.

Who tuned your car???
The weird thing is it ran fine with everything the same before it started doing this. I would imagine its a fuel/timing issue at this point, but i dont see what could have made it change?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I dont know if its me but, when my a/f were in the mid 10's my car would cut out like the spark was being blown out. I then Leaned it out to mid 11's and it was perfect. But I was on the stock ignition, with the plugs gapped at .26.

Lawrence

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Nickson,

If you want I could possibly help you with this in this coming week. Call my cell if you want to discuss this further.

DP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts