Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once going BPU is it necessary in changing the sparkplugs? could it be that using stock supra plugs on a BPU causes low boost blues?

·
Doin' the Monster Mash
156 Posts
It depends how much power your making, once you go over a certain level it will start missing on the top end and you want to change plugs before this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
something i noticed is that when i go WOT the RPM at 3500 kind of gets stuck, drops a little then goes goes straight to redline. Something like it hesitates. Then boost doesn't stay steady, goes 2 10psi then slowly drops to about 8 and stays there

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
higher boost will blow the stock plugs pretty fast, depends on how far you go but its always a good idea to base the spark plug choise off what exactlly youre running, any time you change it, your spark plug setup will change for max efficiency/power

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you explain the sudden drop in rpm and then pick while at WOT?...am i missfiring and then catching???....here's my set up....i have 3.5 inch downpipe...BCC...stock exhaust...HKS bov Vented Into atmosphere...and another thing my boost climbs to ten quick but as rpms go up the boost steadily drops...second turbo kicks in boost rises and then starts dropping all the way to redline...is it the plugs?

·
Registered
114 Posts
well there is a naturally occuring lean spot around that powerband on the stock twins, so a loss in power due to pulled timing would explain that, but not the boost issue

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did the boost leak test and no leaks found anywhere...the IC hoses are all hooked up and tight...wtf is my problem?...i need boost controller?an intake to breathe more air?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts