Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger door speaker seems to be out, i have never gotten into the system in my car, and am wondering if there is a usual cause of this before i go tearing everything apart. I am sure, however, that the speaker itself is not recieving a signal, i checked that out already. thanks in advance.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to mention my car is a 93.5 and everything is completely stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Well, theres a few variables... first off, how do you know it's not recieving a signal? To test that, or to make sure it's not the speaker itself, i would recommend removing the drivers side speaker, and testing it with the connects on the passenger side. Either way dude, if it's the speaker, or the signal, your going to had to rip shit apart to get sounds back again, so might as well bite the bullet now.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had the door apart earlier and switched in a replacement i know works, but got nothing, then checked for any signal and found the wiring isn't giving the speaker any juice at all. I suppose i have to go take the head out now and make sure those connections are tight etc. etc. How easy is it to get into the dash? i have heard it isn't a fun job.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
it's not too bad to get into it, but honestly dude, i'd just recommend taking it to a shop, if you really don't wanna worry about anything, and just have a new HU installed, and let them figure out your shit with your speakers.... it could just be a loose connection at the amp too

I

·
0 Posts
Sounds like your amp is beginning to bite the dust man. Nothing too major. I know you said you havent really been into your sound system, but now may be the time to consider upgrading everything. Try getting a new HU, component speakers, and rear speakers. You may enjoy the sound quality difference a new setup will give you.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm ... getting a whole new system is very tempting ... i'll go check out whats available in my area. thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts