Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Fit, 1995 Toyota Supra SE
7 Posts
I bought some Rockford fosgate 4 inch speakers. It fits good however, I did have to shave some of the 3D bracket to make the speakers fit snug. Once it’s installed it fits like the OEM speakers does, and NO modifications are needed on the door panel.

·
From the land down under
4,545 Posts
They look great :)

What did he charge you to print them up, as I would love a pair if it's at all possible please

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $55 for the pair of speaker brackets and a cup holder. I haven’t try fitting the cup holder into the Supra yet.
DF5E0DAE-3D62-4983-8FD6-A60EFC9310D0.jpeg

·
From the land down under
4,545 Posts
Its a shame you didnt ask if any other members wanted to buy some speaker adapters too, as I imagine that most of the cost is in setting up the printer to do the first pair, and subsequent sets would cost very little.

If you ever decide to ask him to do a run of them, I would put my name down.

P.S The drink holder looks great with the Supra script :) Does it go where the ashtray usually resides?

·
Registered
255 Posts
In for a no modification alternative.
Does anyone have the distance between mounting holes for the original triangle speakers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a shame you didnt ask if any other members wanted to buy some speaker adapters too, as I imagine that most of the cost is in setting up the printer to do the first pair, and subsequent sets would cost very little.

If you ever decide to ask him to do a run of them, I would put my name down.

P.S The drink holder looks great with the Supra script :) Does it go where the ashtray usually resides?
Yes, the cup goes where the ash tray is. I’m pretty sure someone local to you can 3D print the files. The only reason he charged me a little bit more was because the cup was harder to print.

·
From the land down under
4,545 Posts
Yes, the cup goes where the ash tray is. I’m pretty sure someone local to you can 3D print the files. The only reason he charged me a little bit more was because the cup was harder to print.
Ive never known anybody who deals with 3d printing local to me

Remember I live in New Zealand...We only just got the internet last year 🤣

·
Registered
17 Posts
For those looking to keep things stock, for the few of us left still enjoying the factory head unit and speakers, SimplySpeakers sells a refoam kit for the factory sizes. My factory speakers in my 93.5 TT with 38k miles started scratching a year or so ago. I wanted to keep everything stock, so I opted to refoam them. Not hard at all, a little on the messy side if anything. And the best part, is that I was able to keep my stock speakers intact. The play and sound as good as they ever did. Cheers, and best of luck!!!
Allen O

21 - 29 of 29 Posts