Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size speakers do we have stock in the front and rear?? The fronts look like 4 1/2's but the back I can't tell...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Front are 4" and the rears are a odd ball size of a 5" but 5 1/4 fit right in. You can also modify the front to fit 5 1/4 or a shallow 6".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With it being the pain that it is to work in that tight spot its much easier to just pull the panels. You will most likely have to file the hole out a little depending on the speakers you get and there is just not enough room to work comfortably in there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a set of 5"s and a set of 4"s in the rear (run off of each other). They are such a pain in the ass to replace. I attempted to do so but after an entire afternoon of taking practiclly the entire hatch apart, i concluded it wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
fronts only

question- i want to squeeze somthing larger than 4" up front-
didn't the mkIII change from 4" to 6.5" during the production run? if not how do you guys fit the big speakers in the doors?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bigger Speaker in Front Door

Get that stupid piece of ghetto trash outta the door panel. That plastic box sucks! Just remove it and build you a wood panel and mount it and put whatever size speaker you want. That's what I did and got a 5 1/4" in there. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.