Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had considered doing the same thing at one time, BUT instead decided to upgrade in 'steps'.

I found the Alpine Flex5 5 channel amp to work great as a factory replacement and plenty of power for upgraded speakers as well as perfect mounting and interfacing under passenger seat just as factory amp. Also Alpine amp offered used adjustable HI/LO pass and adjustable 5th ch sub output gain and xover point from 50Hz-120Hz. The model number is a MRP-F356 I think and it sells for around $180-$200 and will do a GREAT job to push factory speakers or slightly upgraded AND a sub of some kind like a shoebox enclosure in hatch or Bazooka tube. The amp is rated at 50WX4 and 180W on sub ch. I believe this is MAX ratings, but sounded GREAT and is MUCH better way to go than to try to interface to factory amp.. Alpine amp alos has line level inputs and well as dual RCAs.. Had great experience with this amp, BUT sold it a few months ago to 'step' up..

I (well, installer) upgraded my factory speakers as well to 6.5" in door and rear and tweets in dash locations (all Xtant)... Sounds phenomenal!! Also using 2 Kicker C10's and Xtant 603X now... :cool:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.