Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I bought a Spearco Intercooler that was on an MKIII previously, but not mounting brackets or hardware came with it. Since it is the kit one and was on the MKIII before does it mean that the the bolt holes in it will bolt up to the stock ones on my car, or do I still have to get other hardware? Thanks.

G

·
The Spearco kit for the Mk3 is designed to be used with mounting brackets. The holes on the tanks of the IC won't line up with anything that I can find. I am in the same boat. PHR built me a copy set out of polished aluminum. Mmmm, shiny.

I am sure you could easily fab up something resembling the brackets out of some steel plate. It might not be pretty, but it should work.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did PHR charge you for the shiny brackets, and also is it same to remove paint on an intercooler I don't see why not. It has black spray paint on it, and I want to remove it, i would think cap the port with rubber tubing and then use paint remover or thinner or what?

·
Canada, Eh?
2,402 Posts
go get some angle aluminum and flat bar aluminum, and a hacksaw. make some measurements, cut them to shape, drill some holes for bolts.... boom yer done...

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, well I may try to measure it out right so that I can use existing holes but fabed brackets. Anyone have a pic of the brackets and hardware the kit comes with?

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Yeah.... Dale, I was told the 87 supras that don't have the extra nose piece like the 89+ models, are pretty much bolt right in.

I need help with the pipes for my IC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts