Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought a spec 2 clutch to go along with my other parts. When I looked at the pressure plate I noticed it was the same damn thing as the stock one, which got me a little worried. May be I'm just paranoid but I find it hard to believe that from the way this thing looks that it will hold 460ftlbs torque.

can any one tell me their personal experiences with this clutch
as far as how much power and mods they have done before this thing slips and any other problems they might have had with this clutch.

·
WhorE
504 Posts
I dunno, is the pressure plate blue?? And I havent heard one bad thing about spec clutches for the supra. I just bought a stage 2 for my w-58 but I havent installed it yet.

Wayne

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the pressure plate is blue.

It's kind of hard to believe that since the stock pressure plate and clutch hold 300+,
that when you use the same pressure plate but a kevelar clutch, it holds 460.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
same with the stage 3
its the same stock pressure plate, but they say the do some modifications and its clamping force is 2900lbs.

aw well, i still believe its stock

·
WhorE
504 Posts
While were on this topic, does anyone know what I should do with my stock flywheel?? on my w58, should i just get it resurfaced? I dont really have the money to go out and buy a lightweight one plus im not shooting for anything near 500 hp

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
yea just get it resurfaced and it will be fine. as for the spec clutches yea they are stockers that have been "modified" not quite sure how but they are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts