Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It never ends...
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looking into clutches deciding what will be best for my application. Will be putting 450 + at the rear wheels.

I've heard tons of good things about the Spec stage 3, but very little about the stage 3+.

Here is some info on the stage 3+

For heavily modified street and race engines making more torque than the Stage 3 can support. Offers good daily drivability and better manageability than the stage 3, with even better wear characteristics.

High clamp pressure plate, full-faced carbon metallic friction, high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit.

Seems better in every way, is there any reason why I shouldn't get a stage 3+ over the stage 3? Seems like the extra $120.00 is well worth it.

Anyone using this clutch currently? I'd like to know how it's holding up and any opinions on it.

Cheers.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
I would rather go with a sprung clutch than an unsprung clutch any day of the week.

With that being said; if both clutches are @ the same peak HP hold and about the same cost, I would choose the 3+ just for streetability; the 6 puck is hard as hell for regular every day driving (or so I have heard).

·
Registered
250 Posts
i had the same decision to make so i called rob at 935 and we decided on the stage 3+ and i love it to death. the pedel is not stiff at all. very spingy and responsove witch i love. i have used it with a t78 for a short time on low boost but i have yet to test its full potential. id get the 3+ call 935 they get you the best price.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Disced said:
I would rather go with a sprung clutch than an unsprung clutch any day of the week.
LOL, no one mentioned an unsprung clutch here.

I would say get the 3+, if I were to buy another clutch that would be the one since I have had an excelent experience with my Spec stage 2.

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
TurBo NiNe T 1 said:
Anyone have experience with the 3+?
I love mine, its extremely soft pedal feel (a little too soft for me) after a few miles, engages extremely smooth and holds extremely well. Im running spec stage 3 6puck sprung hub.

Jake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts