Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to put a do-luck body kit on my supra would i be able to clear speed bumps and go up curbs and hills?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Since you're only 15 and can't even drive, you can clear speed bumps and curbs if your imagination allows it.

Just kidding.. it depends a lot on the car's suspension (ride height) and the degree of the incline.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
always goat the angle coming in or going out

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i took a stock supra and put the do luck bodykit on it, my driving would be limited.

what do you mean, take teh bump at an angle?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Exactly what it sounds like. Take the curb or speed bump at an angle... dont go up on the curb or speedbump directly perpendicular to it, but instead, go at an angle so one wheel goes up first, then the other follows.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for the replies.

about how high should my ride be to go up a hill of about 45* or could it go up fine without any suspension mods?

·
Registered
107 Posts
no matter what you do..what kit you put on or how hig or low your suspension is...its all about how u drive the car. my advice to you...learn how to drive a lowered car (other than a supra) then do all your kits/suspension stuff on the supra when you are ready. trust me...i started out with a honda...slammed/kits/rims...i went through a lot of kits and i learned how to drive and deal with the angles of curbs/driveways, speedbumps...etc. I also advise you not to put on a nice kit if you dont know how to drive a lowered car...its gonna suck when you get your first crack on your bumper.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
yep ypu are absolutly right gonna cost alot of money each time you get a crack in the bumber to re paint or if you mess it up bad you are looking at buying a new bumber+ paint. try driving oneof your buddies honda if you have any they are always low and i am pretty sure most of there kits are on the car and drivivng before it is even painted.i say drvie a honda because hondas suck. Good luck with the kit.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I was talking to a guy in a GTR on the weekend and he had a pretty low front that, he reckoned that his urethane bar held up better than fibreglass ones,.. it'd flex enough if you went slowly... sucks to scrape paint, but beats scrapes plus cracked bodywork

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
Ill tell you one thing kid. Never use a trailer to travel a supra. I bashed my TRD doing that. :( Sad

stev

·
Registered
691 Posts
what did you mean when you asked about a 45*... if you find a road with a 45 you shouldnt go on it... those long mountain downhills (with truck runoffs because they are so steep) are less than a quarter that steep...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts