Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i spoke to some guys and they said that if you cut the pink wire on the ecu you will get rid of your speed cut .so i decided to cut the wire .i tested it out and it still would cut at 120 or so ,reset the ecu and still nothing happened.my homy has a 1j mkiii and when he had his wired they did not connect the speed cut and his car go past 120 like nothing,im guessing i probably cut the wrong wire or this dont work on soarers .anybody here cut the speed cut wire, and was it sucessful? or did you guys jus bought a speed cut defender?

·
tunin' da beast
479 Posts
Normally the speed sensor wire from the dash is pink, but you might want to check out the pin-out on a soarer, maybe it has a different color. Because the ecu somehow still get a speed signal, else the speed cut would indeed be disabled.

·
Registered
297 Posts
cutting the speed wire isnt a good idea. The pink wire sends ALL speed signals to the ECU, and the ECU performs the speed cut .. so , if you cut the pink wire, you remove the speed signal to the ECU completely [sarcasm] thats sensible, isnt it.[/sarcasm]

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cutting the speed wire isnt a good idea. The pink wire sends ALL speed signals to the ECU, and the ECU performs the speed cut .. so , if you cut the pink wire, you remove the speed signal to the ECU completely [sarcasm] thats sensible, isnt it.[/sarcasm]

well singe in still hitting speed cut i guess i should just connect back and get a scd ,thanks for the input guys.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
my friends did the samething in a MKIII he cut the pink wire and got stopped at 120mph.

cutting the wire will not give you an instant CEL. you will only get a CEL if you are WOT for longer than 8-9 seconds then the light will come on until you shut the car off and back on then its gone until your next pull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts