Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VSS single fix: 5800 readline, cruise control drop outs, bogging with 2step launch

HOW TO FIX the following common problems: False redline @ 5800 rpm (sounds like a 2 step at 5800rpm) , Cruise control drop outs, or non-functioning Cruise Control, AC amplifier failure, Bogging while trying to launch with a 2 step, etc. etc. etc.

Remove the dash trim that houses the Odometer, on the odometer harness find the pink wire and cut it then splice the pink wire with the blue and red VSS input wire.

That's it!

Wiring diagram is below....

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
802 Posts
Gadfly said:
Your the man! You'll have to let me buy you a beer at TX2K6!

I already re-did the board, too bad it didn't work :(
Same here! You'll have to let me buy both of you guys a beer. lol

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
Is this the fix for the intermittent cruise control problem with the VSS? If so, do you have to make a jumper or just bypass the ODO completely? Thanks. :faint:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can either leave it connect to the ODO so it will continue to count miles, or you can bypass it completely so it won't?

I know the speedometer is unaffected when you simply splice them together, but what if you bypass the ODO entirely? either way... this is a great, and easy fix.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at the date of original post, Search was not working when this was originaly posted. pull your head out of your ass before you point fingers.

Why the hell would this be deleted? Anyone that has misses under hard acceleration, and has cruise control drop outs should see this information. It has worked perfectly for many people.

and if your refering to the ODO not working, it is common sense all you have to do to stop your ODO from counting miles is cut the speed input wire. If it does not see the car moving, it can't count miles. Duh.. absolute common sense.

Next I suppose your going to want to delete any wireing diagrams that are posted, or all of the EGR removal threads, or all of the o2 cheater threads? That is illegal too right? The information on how to fix problems should not be sensored, out of fear that people will mis-use knowledge.

·
Registered
272 Posts
question is do i cut the pink and blue/red wire and put them together or just run a jumper wire across them?
i hope this is it cus i have ready replaced the engine harness,ignitor,cam and crank sensors,injectors with new parts and swapped out every other sensor in the engine with barrowed ones.
i have been trying to figure it out for over a year now.

some times my cruise does not work but when its working it has never just stopped unless i hit the button or breaks then it would not work again

thanks
augie

Please dont delete this thread

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
jam98tt said:
This thread should be gone,It is morally wrong and totally wrong to bypass the odometer.
Mileage is still recorded doing this mod.

You can do it either way by jumping the two wires together or splicing them together bypassing the odometer. Mileage is still counted, only a certain method stops the odometer. I remember years ago hunting down this problem and finally finding the fix. It fixes soo many issues with speed sensor, cruise control, auto OD blinking lights, etc.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I know about this from i had my 95na and also knew what mod to do and how to not let the odometer work,This info will let lot off morally incorrect people do the wrong thing,that's why it should be removed.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Gadfly said:
Next I suppose your going to want to delete any wireing diagrams that are posted, or all of the EGR removal threads, or all of the o2 cheater threads? That is illegal too right? The information on how to fix problems should not be sensored, out of fear that people will mis-use knowledge.

Tricking an O2 sensor is NOT on par with altering mileage.

Best of luck when you buy a Supra with this "mod" already performed.
Make sure to thank the previous owner for the fixed problem.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
crossways said:
Tricking an O2 sensor is NOT on par with altering mileage.

Best of luck when you buy a Supra with this "mod" already performed.
Make sure to thank the previous owner for the fixed problem.

If this mod is done correctly, it still records mileage and it fixes all VSS to ECU problems. With that said, the next owner of my car will be very glad I performed it. Especially when they build 20lbs of boost on the line from the 2 step.

·
11,221 Posts
There is nothing wrong with jumping the wires. It does not bypass the odometer. If it supposedly fixes the AEM (I don't own one), then I guess it's a good mod.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts