Supra Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
last winter i did install coilovers if i would have forgot to reconnect the wheel speed sensors in the front could that be causing my issue. also ever since then my brakes have been sticking on sometimes and i have to pull the e-brake a few times when they stick to get them to turn off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm having this problem (I think)
I have no speedo/odo, or CC and I'm getting code 42, it also dies some times when I stop but starts right back up. I did this splice and It doesn't apear to have done anything for my problem. Is there something else it might be?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well after hours of testing everything in I could it looks like I need a new plastic gear for the sensor. I guess I have never heard of this happening on our cars before. The gear is worn but it isn't that bad but I did verify that it is not spinning the sensor.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I tried many things and replaced some parts ect ect. This mod worked. Well, for the last hour or so anyways. I'll see if it holds up.

You don't need to cut any wires though. I just unlocked the
pink wire from the plastic connector, and I put a 1 inch piece of wire from a paperclip (cut it) in the end of the pink wire, and then I put the other end of the paperclip into the back where the blue-red wire goes in to the plastic connector. It made a nice tight connection as is. Then I put a good amount of electrical tape around the wires and plastic connector to secure it.
Oh, don't forget to push the locking tab fully closed after you are done.

To unlock the pink wire, or any wire from the connector, you will see a small place to pry on with a small screw driver, pry it up as far as you can, than you need to lightly tug on the wire you want to remove, and at the same time of you tugging on the wire, use a needle to lift up on the small white locking tab. Sorry, it's hard to explain.. haha But you will figure it out.

To put the wire back where it was, just open the wire lock again with a small screw driver, and insert your wire back in, make sure it is in the right way, and closed the wire locking tab again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 1998 turbo automatic, I don't have a red/blue wire. In that section of the connector, I have a white/silver, pink, and brown. In fact I don't have blue/red wire at all on the odometer connector. Where should I splice the pink wire to now?
Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bump for last post^

I have the same issue now in my 1998 TT auto. Check engine light and (!) light came on first time randomly today but car is running fine. So if I take off the odo housing and the wire colors are different...?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
finally did this again. it works.
brake boost is good (would bounce RPM before brake boosting)
rev limit fixed (used to bounce)
ODO still counts and works perfect
No more blinking lights..

did this and change the resistor on the VSV/EGR and all is great!
What did you do different this time for it to work? I cut my pink wire and spliced the harness side to my blue red wire and it's not working

·
040-MK4 Only 19Kmiles
414 Posts
Is any one here have JDM supra and this mod is works your you? Please let me know how.
My is 93 JDM supra Auto t.turbo.
Problem> O/D light flashing + Track light
Thanks,

·
From the land down under
4,037 Posts
It tends to work on Series 1 JDM models, but Im yet to meet somebody who was able to cure the Code 42 fault, on a Series 2 JDM model.

Much to my sadness :(

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It is a fairly easy mod to do (and undo) to see if it works. I would just do it and see what happens.

·
040-MK4 Only 19Kmiles
414 Posts
NO LUCK.
I cut the pink wire and spliced the harness side to my blue red wire and it's not working :-(

Here is the problem,
Soon as I start the engine the O/D light Flashing "It's flashing Only Over Drive button is ON"
But if I turned OFF the Over Drive button "the Light Will Stay On" Which is Correct
But Damn WHY IT'S FLASHING...???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got around to performing this Mod. After researching the ins and out, the process took less than 10 minutes and BAM no flashing O/D light and my Cruise Control is back! Much thanks for the fix!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is amazing! I thought my transmission or ECU was dying, had no cruise and odd shifting. After trying this mod I have reliable cruise control for the first time in years and the transmission is now shifting properly. Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Im trying to find out more about this issue, some people got it working some people did not, different car models and years and symptoms dont help with the confusion.
Car: 93TT auto USDM
Code: 42
Light show: no CEL
Speedometer: working
ODO instrument: all lights working, possibly counting lower miles or BPU eats up more fuel now, maybe a road trip and gps to verify...
Cruise diagnostic: controls work, only VSS signal is inconsistent to the speedometer
Car symptom: Car stumble to accelerate momentarily only when VSS signal reads zero on cruise control diagnostic mode.

Attempted resolder the ODO board several times and checked connectivity but still inconsistent. Will verify Odometer with GPS next

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Car symptom: Car stumble to accelerate momentarily only when VSS signal reads zero on cruise control diagnostic mode.

Attempted resolder the ODO board several times and checked connectivity but still inconsistent. Will verify Odometer with GPS next

Drive with the cruise control on and if it stumbles, the VSS is not making it back to the ecu 100% of the time. I suggest cutting and splicing the wires together for a permanent fix.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm also having intermitent problems with VSS. AEM log goes nuts.

I need to try splicing it together
I believe this is what’s going on with my AEM log, it shows my speed jumping from 0-100mph and just fluctuates. I can’t get a steady signal. So I figured what the hell and splice them together. The speedometer stopped working and wouldn’t shift out of gear. Then the car would keep stallin, I’m stumped. Any recommendations beside trash the V2?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts