Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys well i was driving the supra hard today (1jz twin turbo stock)and got going down the highway next to my friends 300zx and all of the sudden my car cuts out at right below 120 mph is this a stock speed cut , fuelcut, or something else? i could not get it over 120 how do i go about fixing this? thanx in advance...

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Speed cut is your problem. You can get an aftermarket ecu that has speed cut removed, or you can get a Greddy speed cut controller, or a HKS SLD. I'd recommend the greddy unit.

- Hams.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
damn thats gay but great information to know.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
best place to purchase one?

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
If you don't feel like buying the SCD couldn't you theoretically snip the wire that tells the ecu to limit your speed ?

Just a thought

I happen to remember that it's a pink wire. and it throws a CEL at over 80 ;)

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
i have mine cut...idles fine..sometimes itll idle @ 500 other times @ 1,000...whatever i dont care, but its $$ saved. :) and yes it throws a code at a high rpm above 50mph

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
So wen you cut the speed cut wire, how fast can you get it to??

also what wire is it. again. Or are you going to make me work for it and go look..:)

Josh

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
It is a pink wire and do yourself a favor and buy the SLD mine idles at 700 everytime I crank the car, 70 bucks well spent. As far as speed goes, you can go as fast ast the car can go.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the first time i was on the highway i hit it :wtflol: the car was pulling like a m--fer i was like yaaaaa,then i hit it and was like nooooo.i came home was looking around on e-bay and found the hks sld.i clicked on it and it said it was to get around the 180km speed cut.i was just dissapointed to know my 7m would drop my 1j on the highway.oh well another thing on the list.
keith

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
does any1 have a wiring diagram for the speed cut eliminator??? i have a greddy but have NO clue how to wire it since the book it came with is in japanese

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i installed use the HKS SLD type-1 on the last car. worked like a charm. 4 wires only; power, "earth", speed sensor input, speed sensor output. its really simple and just clamps the signal so the car thinks you never go over 180km/h/118mph.

its better than cutting the speed sensor wire because shit goes wrong. some people dont care like jon-boy, but others care, like me. ;)

you can find them on ebay sometimes. the one i installed was only like $37, used. it only had japanese instructions. i just looked at the diagram and googled the japanese characters for the wire colors. red, black, white and yellow i think. then they had callouts on the diagram that showed which color wire goes to which pin on the ECU. its pretty simple if you can search a little.

fortunately, Suze was able to help get instructions for the SLD i used. thanks again girly :)

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Actually, It does more than clamp the signal, It sends a prescribed amount of voltage to the ecu. This is not helpful to most, but for those running aftermarket trannies where the speedo cannot be hooked up, your car will still idle fine. If its a track car, no big deal about the idle, but even then I like my stuff to run right so I would use one anyways. great product, cheap price, you won't regret it.
CAtto

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I must have a freak of nature 1J. I don't have provisions for a speed signal. My trans (mk4 na) uses a speed sensor, and my car has a speedo cable. I don't have a speed sensor hooked up and I have a code 42. My car idles great and solidly. No issues. CE light comes on at high revs and low vacuum, sometimes as slow as 25mph! I've had it up to 140+ already.

later

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
i have the greddy unit, it has like 5 wires.... and of course i cant find it at the moment or id take a pic and send it.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts