Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the group buy that is going on with Thor Racing, and knowing I was unable to use those as my stock gauges do not light up (and for that reason I can not use the trd 10k tach either), I had to look for another route...

I contacted speedhut.com and set up some custom gauges at a great price. I made a couple changes and here are the final gauges (Only took them a week also to make them and have them to my door....)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
nice ..
did the higher MPh come standard?
price ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ranger498 said:
nice ..
did the higher MPh come standard?
price ?

No, the mph (220), the 10k tach, and the fuel gauge were all custom added (if you have any ideas, just write them, I am sure they can do it!)...

As far as price, I am pretty sure it was under 115.00 shipped.....

·
11,221 Posts
supra4life28 said:
As far as price, I am pretty sure it was under 115.00 shipped.....
That's cheap and stock looking as hell. I supposed you have to totally remove the stock overlays right?

Did you have to remove the needle too?

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
It dosen't look too bad, I personally like "Race Fuel Only" :)

·
Turbos and Tattoos FTW
1,981 Posts
[
Can you get pics of the lights on..I looked at the site and tried to see if i could get mine to match my apexi gauges. I might just have to order some.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xXCloudXx, Michael VanLe, these do not require removing your overlays or needles. They are just slid over the old gauges/needles, and then held in place by 2sided tape....

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow nice find. would like to see pics of them lit if at all possible :)

edit : were u able to design them on the site or did u email/call them with the exact specifications you wanted?

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
For those of you wondering about price they were $103 Shipped... I orderd some last week cause the previous owner installed custome gauges and they stopped working.. so all I have now is the needles...

These were the ones speedhut did for me and they arrived yesterday in the mail.
(sorry for the bad pics...the plastic they are in made them hard to photograph)

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
This is what my gauges look like at night... Im soooo happy with them now that they are on the car

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
does that space around the needle base really show that much at night? do they offer white as well?

Oh and im not sure if im missing something, but how are these mounted without removing the needles? Im sure if I had them in hand i'd notice.

Alex

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Mine we actually removed the needles and recalibrated.. and yeah.. the space shows alot at night.. but I still have my stock gauges under these so thats why they show so much... They have almost any color you can think of..

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Ren said:
Mine we actually removed the needles and recalibrated.. and yeah.. the space shows alot at night.. but I still have my stock gauges under these so thats why they show so much... They have almost any color you can think of..
ah so could you just turn the dimmer all the way down for the gauges and it wouldnt be a problem anymore?

Alex

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Alx2785 said:
ah so could you just turn the dimmer all the way down for the gauges and it wouldnt be a problem anymore?

Alex
Exactly... I just wanted them to be the full brightness when I took the picture...

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
supralover93 said:
do they have to say speedhut on them or can you have them not put that on?
Unfourtunatly I think they all say speedhut on them...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts