Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to get out of 100+mph speeding ticket or somehow reduce the damage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
get a lawyer.

what was the speed limit? 60 over is automatic suspension in most states

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CobraTT said:
what was the speed limit? 60 over is automatic suspension in most states
65mph

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
holy crap! And you didn't get thrown into jail? Be thankful, because you can be arrested right then and there at anything over 100mph.

best thing to do is get a lawyer.

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,021 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
holy crap! And you didn't get thrown into jail? Be thankful, because you can be arrested right then and there at anything over 100mph.

best thing to do is get a lawyer.
what he said^

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
exceeding 100mph is a misdemeanor charge. Court appearance is MANDATORY. Ur gonna pay up the ass for the fine. $800 or some shit would be my guess.

G

·
get a lawyer. your looking at a 800 dollar fine and a 6 month license suspension. it counts as reckless so its 2 points on your driving record (same as a DUI) and it stays on your record for 10 years. i know i had one for going 125mph a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Boostinhard said:
get a lawyer. your looking at a 800 dollar fine and a 6 month license suspension. it counts as reckless so its 2 points on your driving record (same as a DUI) and it stays on your record for 10 years. i know i had one for going 125mph a couple years ago.
You only paid $800? My friend paid over a 1k for going 106, the cop was nice and dropped it to 96 in the paper work.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
It’s all up to the judge. When my buddy received his 100 + mph ticket he paid around $750 with no option of traffic school. When I received my 100+ mph ticket, I paid $400 with the option of traffic school. This was all without a lawyer.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Aahh jason why were you going so fast?!

My 110mph came out to $1120 in fines, 2 points, and 2 week license suspension. This was without a lawyer.

All in all it comes down to what kind of person your judge is.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Try John Farris, his info is posted here. He's gotten many people here and several friends out of trouble. But Duane got popped with 100+ (was really 140+) :lol: But he wasn't able to get him off... Based on one of my buddies getting out of 5 of 7 tickets with John, I think it's worth a shot. Mainly to try and save the insurance cost.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Boostinhard said:
It doesn't stay for 10 years. Misdemeanors stay for 7 last I checked, unless of course they changed it. Also, not sure if it is in fact a misdemeanor, I think it is but not 100% sure. Reckless driving is a separate charge, if the cop didn't charge him its he can't be found guilty of reckless driving. The judge may suspend the license unless its a first conviction.

·
shallow and pedantic
428 Posts
ouch thats steep. Best of luck with that! Your probably not going to get off with something small. my dad got caught going 120 in arizona, they made him pay like $600 and took his license for 1 month.. it sucked for him haha.

G

·
How long does DMV report actions or convictions on driver license records?

Most convictions of traffic offenses, such as hit and run, reckless driving, and driving under the influence (DUI) will remain on your record for 10 years from the violation date and count as 2 points.
Most other traffic offense convictions will remain on your record for 3 years from the violation date and count as 1 point.
Accidents are reported for 3 years from the accident date. If you are found to be at fault, the accident normally counts as 1 point.
Actions taken against your driving privilege, such as a suspension or revocation due to a DUI or a failure to provide proof of financial responsibility, will be reported for 3 years from the proof termination date or the reinstatement date, whichever is earlier.
A Failure To Appear for DUI offenses will be reported for 10 years from the violation date. All other Failure To Appears and Failure to Pay fines will be reported for 5 years from the violation date.

straight off the dmv's website. reckless driving (which over 100mph is automatically) stays on your record for 10 years

G

·
hahaha you can out run the police but you cant outrun the radio. copters are damn hard to outrun. also that would be another 2 points tacked onto your record for attempted evasion and stays on your record for 10 years as well plus a little bit of jail time i would assume. its not worth running in my opinion. only time i'd run is if you get busted street racing. its an automatic 6 month jail sentence and they crush your car so might as well try and get away.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts