Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a search but really cant find any answers

anyway, my speedo bounces all over the place until i get to about 60km/h. for example, say im traveeling around 50 km/h it will bounce from about 40-60 continuously. so i bascially have to quess what speed im going until it starts to work properly at higher speeds. does nyone know that the problem is?

also my oil gauage work doesnt work. i read info about the senders for oil gauges in turbo cars, but not on a 7MGE. any help?

THX

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About the speedo,...there's a fix posted on the SOGI site, its simple, just disconnect the cable,, fill a back with some oil, gently poke the cable into the bag and hang it somewhere and let gravity get to work.... there's alot better write up at the SOGI site tho.....as to the oil pressure gauge quesiton, I"m having much the same problem....the previous owner opted for a JDM 7mgte...so my sender wasn't compatible....had to go through a couple diff ones till i think I might have one that will work....they should be in the same location turbo or not....right in front of the oil filter...hafta feel around from the top it's a distinctive feeling little module....good luck with it....let us know how it goes.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Yes your cable is on its way out. Mine did that too so I removed it and oiled it but that only lasted a few months. So I ended up buting a new one, It was a big hassel to change it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts