Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, the speedometer was fast by 10mph. I have changed the rim and tire size from stock, and thats what everyone I haved talked to think it is. But, the speedometer is fast 10mph exactly at 35, 50, and at 70... if it were the rims fault, wouldn't it be different at different speeds? The owner before me installed white faced guages, could he haved bumped the needle during the install? I talked to Jeff at Jay Marks, and he said he has never heard of anything like that, and that I would probably have to live with it. I am pretty much used to it by now, but would really like an accurate speedometer... any suggestions would help...

Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sorry I don't know, but you might want to check the speed sensor. Anyway, I was looking at your cars and I saw a SE TT? Didn't know SE came TT, or did you have a transplant?

Sam

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha... my bad... I was just talking about the 15th anniversary special edition... I didn't even realize I listed it like that... haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
whoa, i got the exact same problem. and till this date, i have yet to fix it. where is the speed sensor and how can i check that it is properly functioning? should i just get my car's speedometer re-calibrated? i know of a shop in san diego that would do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts